Author Topic: Had a shock today  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Had a shock today
« on: April 17, 2015, 08:07:48 PM »
Whilst walking in our local country park, I met a couple who revealed two golden cockers in their van.  I wasn't prepared to come face to face with the ghost of my angel Odie (who died 20 months ago aged 3  :'().

To say I was shocked was an understatement, he was absolutely identical.  The couple had two litter brothers but the other one didn't resemble him at all.  We got talking and it turned out that this cocker shared the same dad as my Odie, so it would have made them half brothers had he lived....  The breeder, who owned both parents is in Lincolnshire (we're in South Yorkshire) so it's quite a big coincidence.  It really is a small world!
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Had a shock today
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 08:39:55 PM »
 00 that's spooky, must have been most peculiar for you.

Whereabouts in Lincolnshire, I got Branston from a breeder near Scunthorpe, so he may be related to your late Odie, too :shades:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 09:00:23 PM »
can not believe it is nearly 2 years since Odie left us
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 10:26:15 PM »
can not believe it is nearly 2 years since Odie left us

It is amazing how the time goes, you think when these things happen, that time just stands still  :huh:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 11:26:53 AM »
I know, I can't believe it's been that long too, it's the same for you too Irene with Smudge, August is a sad month for remembering....

Odie's breeder is not far from Scarborough so I don't think it's the same one.
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »
that's sort of thing does knock the wind out of your sail a bit

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 02:02:20 PM »
Wow that must have made you go funny!!! Time certainly has flown.....
There used to someone on here whose dog was called Chester, he was Rosies half brother, there was a very close likeness between them too.
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline Sadiesowner

• Sadie
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 08:29:50 PM »
Awe hope your ok, must've been sad for you.  When walking across our field today I still couldn't walk across where sadie ran out just over a week ago... 😭 still upsets me guess it will take a long time xx
Run free sweet sadie xxx

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 08:30:02 AM »
Sadiesowner - yes I know exactly how you feel  :bigarmhug:, it took me a long time to re-visit the walks I had done with Odie, even now I still smile sadly if I go to a particular favourite haunt of his.   On the positive side, I'd only been moved into my new house for 3 weeks before Odie was taken away from me so most of my local walks were undiscovered with him.

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 09:35:14 AM »
I still dont go where I lost Rosie. I have a friend who lives near there and I sometimes walk her two dogs, but I would rather take them somewhere else in the car. Twice I have been a passenger in a car and have been down the road, I`ve had minor panic attacks. I avoid it at all costs!!! Luckily I moved three weeks after losing Rosie so was able to get away from painful memories.
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline zenon_bass

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 08:36:16 PM »
I had a similar experience about a year before Millie cocker came to live with me.

I was walking my foster rescue labrador in a popular local wood, when a gent passed and commented that he'd just seen my double.  'Impossible,' I thought, but then about 100yds further on I bumped into a lady with another yellow lab.  We both wanted to know where each other's dog had come from as they were so similar, even down to a special whorl of hair on their tails.  Both dogs got on famously. Eventually we worked out that her dog was very possibly one of my dog's pups: they both came from the same town and their ages seem correct.

What was the chamce of that happening? Sheer fluke!

Mum has now gone out of county and is very happy with her new owners.