Author Topic: Hello from new member  (Read 984 times)

Offline BattyPuppy

Hello from new member
« on: January 07, 2015, 12:25:10 PM »
Hi there. New member as of today. We live in South Manchester and have a wonderful working cocker puppy. She is totally batty but thoroughly loveable! I did lots and lots of research before getting her and knew she would be super lively and need lots of exercise and that is spot on! She is 11 months old now and I just thought it would be nice to get in contact with other owners of the same breed and hear their experiences. I am wondering about flyball training for her to keep her busy mind busy and hoped someone might be able to recommend somewhere close to me to contact regarding this. I tried to post a photo as an attachment but can't for some reason....

Offline mcinnd

• Donator
Re: Hello from new member
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 03:16:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
I've got two working cockers Dolly who will be 2 years in a couple of weeks and Silkie who is 18 months.
I know nothing about flyball other than what's shown on Crufts but certainly believe it would fit a working cocker.
David
Dolly & Silkie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 04:38:10 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D

There are a few people on here who do flyball, so hopefully one of them will be able to point you in the right direction of either a local club or a website that lists clubs.

Here's some guidance about posting photos on here http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=15703.0

Looking forward to hearing some more about your batty girl and seeing some photos :D

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 12:28:26 PM »
hello BattyPuppy.
look forward to hearing your stories and photos  :D
we have a working girl also
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline JackieT

• Ziggy - working cocker
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 10:10:14 PM »
Hello from a fellow working cocker puppy owner! We have Ziggy, who is 5 and 1/2 months, mad and completely adorable. Looking forward to hearing about your puo.

Offline BattyPuppy

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 10:12:23 PM »
Thanks all for your posts and making us feel welcome. Managed to work out how to post the photo 😊
Thanks for the flyball links. Will wait until she is a little older and look into it. She has actually started
running with my husband now (keen runner) - building up slowly - and that is keeping her very happy
so maybe she won't need anything more other than the long walks and training she already gets. Time will tell...
Next question, we both work from home and she is good as gold all day long while we are working but then in the evening she always without fail has her mad half an hour just as we settle down on the sofa for the night! Any tips to keep her busy at this time? She has had plenty of exercise, is not hugely interested in Kongs, can destroy a filled toy in minutes (to get to the squeaker) but needs something to keep that busy mind busy until the fire sends her off to sleep!