Author Topic: Saying goodbye is so hard  (Read 3347 times)

Offline rubyrules

• 0ur beautiful bundle of fun, R.I.P 30/5/2019
Saying goodbye is so hard
« on: May 30, 2019, 08:07:18 PM »
Our beautiful bundle of fun has left us today. She was the most loving and happy girl, who gave us 11 years of unconditional love. She made us whole as a family, made our holidays all about her!! She shared our birthday bed and drove us mad trying to eat all the paper. She made mowing the garden a mammoth task, chasing and attacking the mower. She loved to swim and chase her ball. She lived every bit of our lives with us as part of the family. After a couple of weeks getting very unwell and losing weight rapidly, today was the day. We took her to see the vet and he felt a lump under her tummy, he kept her in and when they operated they found a huge tumour attached to her kidney and stomach. We decided it would be best not to bring her back round and let her drift away. We all got to say goodbye  and cuddle her one last time. We all smelled her cheesy wotsit paws too  :005: always made us laugh!
I have often read posts about people saying goodbye and always dreaded that day. It is as bad as I thought it would be. Sweet dreams my little ruby, our hearts are broken but you are now pain free xx
Ruby our 1st cocker baby 10/5/2008 - 30/5/2019. You gave us so much, we are so lucky to have shared our lives with you. Run free sweet girl,  until we hold you again  xx

Offline IonaD

Re: Saying goodbye is so hard
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 08:23:36 PM »
Sweet dreams Ruby. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can’t imagine the heartbreak.x

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 09:44:53 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:  Run free sweet girl.   :luv:
My thoughts are with you and all the family.  It is a huge loss for you all.  You have nothing to reproach yourself for.  You did everything possible and made the right, but very difficult choice when the time was right.  Be kind to yourself.

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 10:25:47 PM »
So sorry to hear of your very sad loss  :'( thinking of you.
Run free at The Bridge Ruby :angel: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 12:35:39 AM »
Very sorry to read your sad news,  :'(

R.I.P. Ruby
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Issy

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 06:18:02 AM »
Run free at the bridge Ruby.
Sorry to read this  :'(:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: to you and your family.

Offline Acciesboy

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 08:11:05 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's heartbreaking when we have to say goodbye.

Share some stories here. I found telling people about my Alfie when he passed helped me cope out there in the big bad world. We've all either been there or will be there at some point, so we all understand.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 08:16:07 AM »

Sweet dreams Ruby.....you have given and been loved.

Run free little one
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 09:33:42 AM »
Run free Ruby.
So sorry for your loss, as others have said, most of us on here have been through it at some time or other and only us doggy people can really understand and feel what you are going through. Nothing will take the pain away at the moment but knowing that there are people out here that understand and feel with you, might console you a little. As the tears subside, the memories will start to make you smile again. Hang on to all those good times, she‘s not gone, just moved on.
 :bigarmhug:

Offline revis

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »
Happy dreams dear Ruby.So sorry to hear of your loss.its such a difficult time.these dear souls give us so much love.
 Thinking of you.

Offline rubyrules

• 0ur beautiful bundle of fun, R.I.P 30/5/2019
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 09:13:36 PM »
Thank you everyone for all your words of comfort, it really helps. Didn't sleep much last night, kept replaying all our memories over and over in my mind. I can't believe the emptiness in our house, it feels so lifeless without her. Usually as everyone gets back home from work, she is watching at the window and goes running up with her kisses, like only cockers can. Tonight nothing and it hurts so much  :012:
We have just spent the last hour looking through our photos and videos and treasuring the time we had with her. How I wish I could snuggle up to her now. We are so lucky to have shared such a fantastic life with her. Sleep tight my ruby boo xx
Ruby our 1st cocker baby 10/5/2008 - 30/5/2019. You gave us so much, we are so lucky to have shared our lives with you. Run free sweet girl,  until we hold you again  xx

Offline JulieB

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 11:40:33 AM »
So sorry to read your sad news - we had to say goodbye to our beloved Bailey the same day so I truly know what you are feeling.
We both know this was the right decision, and the only decision we could make for our fur babies. We ended their journey before they suffered, something they weren't able to do for themselves.
As someone posted to me - better a week too early than a day too late.
Hopefully you will find a way to start your new normal - whatever is right for you.
Sending love & hugs
 :luv:

Offline woodlander

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2019, 12:17:50 PM »
Run free Ruby  :luv: :luv: