Author Topic: totally heart broken and lost  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: totally heart broken and lost
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »
Oh Carol, I can feel your pain - I am so very sorry to read of Ozzy passing.
The time comes when no matter what we think we could have done differently - just sadly would not have altered the outcome.  Your darling boy knew beyond a doubt that he was and is loved by you.  There is nothing to question.

You gave Ozzy the greatest gift - a loving home and your love.

Run free Ozzy.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 05:39:12 PM »
Am so sorry to read about Ozzy, your post brought tears to my eyes. We all feel we could have done more, the what-ifs and if-onlys, but we put ourselves in the hands of the professionals, and when the outcome is not what we want we blame ourselves. It's only natural to think we could have done more, but your boy was loved and cared for right to the end. I thought I would never get over Milo last year and understand how sad and empty you are, as all,us COLs have been in similar situations. Be kind to yourself and remember Ozzy with love  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 08:49:50 PM »
I am so very sorry for your loss.  :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 08:09:49 AM »
I'm so sorry Carol  :bigarmhug:

I can't add much to the wonderful and heartfelt words that others have already said. You did everything you could for Ozzy, lots of love and care throughout his life and then that final gift of letting him go when the time was right, and I'm sure it was. Please don't blame yourself, try to focus on how amazing Ozzy was and how much you and he loved each other and had good times together.

Run free Ozzy :luv:

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 04:18:15 PM »
I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your lovely boy. You did all you could and cared for him all his life. Please don't blame yourself for not acting differently. We all go through those moments where we think we could have done something differently or sooner so understand where you are coming from. Take care and in time it will get a little easier to remember your beloved boy with a smile at the things he did and the love he gave rather than tears.
Love
Sue x

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 07:43:02 PM »
So very sorry to read about Ozzy  :'(.
Ozzy had a wonderful life with you and he was loved till the end  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline carol pearson

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 08:35:32 PM »
Thank you all so much for your comforting words, they have really helped but at the same time I have not stopped crying when reading them. I know it is asking a lot but I so wish he had died in his sleep in his bed.
The last 4 years he had been in the vets a lot and had 4 GAs for different reasons so while he used to bark the last couple of years he just used to tremble. So I find it hard knowing that when I left him he would have been terrified.
And because he never really came round from the GA I agonize that he did not know that he was home.
His bed went with him in the garden but I have not been able to move anything else.
But I know you are right he knew he was loved and he brought us so much pleasure so I have got to remember the good times.
Thank you again.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 12:30:02 PM »
I really feel for you as I went through similar with Wilf and tortured myself afterwards, still do sometimes. He died in January and my heart still breaks for him. It does start to get easier - I don't wake up in the night crying any more but still some things make me teary some days when I remember how he died and how I felt it wasn't resolved. But I also smile at remembering the things that made me laugh about him - he made me laugh every day, which is something I really do miss.

Be kind to yourself if you can and take care
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2016, 10:54:08 PM »
So very sorry about Ozzy
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline RupertandBertiesmum

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 01:25:26 AM »
So very sorry for your loss.  I think you did the last thing you could do for your beautiful cocker and just remember that as time goes by.
My wonderful Jordie died 9 years ago and I still miss him.

RIP

xxx

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 07:37:44 PM »
My heart goes out to you, I wish I had words to make you feel better but there isn't any  :bigarmhug:
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly