Author Topic: Which food for puppy allergy  (Read 1974 times)

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Re: Which food for puppy allergy
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 09:45:45 PM »
Milly, our female show cocker, had quite a bad skin reaction as a puppy to JWB even though we tried several varieties.

Following advice from our vet (a cocker owner  :clapping:) we tried Orijen puppy kibble and the problem cleared up within a fortnight.

Both our cockers are now fed on Orijen with Acana (from the same manufacturer) being fed as an alternative to give them a bit of variety. They've been on Orijen and Acana for nearly six years for Milly and four years for Chaz with no food related problems at all, poos are perfect and their coats lovely and glossy.

Bob.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »
Harvest mites are particularly early this year and show up as dark red / black spots.

Offline Dzr

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 12:38:16 PM »
Hi maisiesmum
Well, the pink spots have gone and she only has one black one left but I think it maybe due to her no longer eating all the grass and leaves, however it also coincides with changing her food. She still nuzzles her nose on the rough doormat after eating and that's with putting her on Lilys food. I've had two days of good poos which I'm so excited about and I think that's due to her being used to her new food as I changed it too quickly.
She is still not enthusiastic with the Lilys grain free kibble but wolfs it down when I add wet food.
Giving Lilly's a couple more weeks to see if it really does make a difference being grain free. Deep down I think it might be seasonal allergies with the grass etc.
i would recommend adding probiotic tablet with her food when she's on antibiotics as she was on them a lot and her tummy suffered.