Author Topic: Burst Anal Gland  (Read 4560 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Burst Anal Gland
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2016, 07:02:01 PM »
 :banana: :banana: Great!, Well done Gemma, you've been a brave little lady, hope you can put it all "behind" you now!!  :bigarmhug:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2016, 07:36:07 PM »
All done and finished. Although it took 20 mins and 3 of us to hold her still while the vet went in to recover the 6 stitches  :fear2:
OH has now took the ginger spitting whirling dervish out for a calming  walk while I make her a supper fit for a brave little girl  :luv:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Burst Anal Gland Final word
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2016, 04:50:08 PM »
now it is all behind us  :005:. have had time to think about  time before anal gate .

my conclusions are, We all know our dogs toilet habits (frequency, time taken, whats normal and whats odd)
Awareness started  when she started to take longer to poop ( ie, the distance we would get from her before she hurtled after us to catch up). But I admit we were not over concerned as we humans  sometimes are "bunged" up.  The flag went up when she took multiple attempts  to poop  (second attempt we were watching, 3rd attempt decision had been made for a trip to the vet. It took her that day 7 more tries before she managed. 
I am glad we made the decision  to have them removed (although in the end there was no choice), it must have been a real painful time from beginning to end. She is not expected to have any long term after effects and really will not miss them.

I know that all scenarios   are different but  if it is a choice between monthly emptying or once and for all removal, job done, the end of the problem  then I would take this route again.

Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2016, 05:20:29 PM »
Glad its all over and done with, must have been a distressing time for all concerned.
Lots of  :bigarmhug: to the little lady!

Offline lescef

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2016, 06:30:12 PM »
That's really helpful and something for me to look out for. Maddie doesn't seem to be able to empty them herself as what comes out is very thick. However,  she hasn't had them emptied for a good eight months and isn't scooting or showing any discomfort.  Obviously,  I'm not sure what's going on inside! Sorry to be graphic at tea time lol!
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2016, 06:39:24 PM »
Glad all is well x Jinley is in on Monday to have hers flushed out under sedation with a view to making a decision soon after.  She hates the vets because of how sore she must be x

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2016, 08:53:21 PM »
Louise had a lipfold infection as well as scooting so had  anesthetic and ckeaned and trimmed his mouth a stripped anal glands and  filled with antibiotics and has been fine since then They found s lump on his tongue so removed tha t  and it was bening He was unco fortable but soon picked up Hope your little ones is successful rThinking of herx
Penny Black Jennys niece