Author Topic: Prospective Cocker Owner from January 2017 onwards - Herts  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Pacey

Re: Prospective Cocker Owner from January 2017 onwards - Herts
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 02:15:11 PM »
Hi Jane,  actually wasn't here for Cockerpoo advice, just being honest that we are looking at a puppy and not sure whether to go for a Cocker or a Poo at present, hence why I've said prospective owner!

Thanks for the advice on breeders, hobby breeders etc, is the main reason I've joined the site, to try and pick up tips and avoid any rogues out there.  I've received a couple of wonderful recommendations on here and am trying to fix up some dates to see breeders of Cockers.  Really taking time to weigh up all options.  Breeder is more important to us than anything at present.

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 02:35:33 PM »
The thing I've noticed with Cockerpoos is that they come in all sorts of sizes, depending on the size of the 'Poo! Some are quite a lot bigger than my Cocker Henry, some are as tiny as Yorkies. Whereas with a Cocker you pretty much know what you'll have when they are fully grown.

Best of luck with whichever route you take - it's an exciting time!
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 08:27:31 PM »
The thing I've noticed with Cockerpoos is that they come in all sorts of sizes, depending on the size of the 'Poo! Some are quite a lot bigger than my Cocker Henry, some are as tiny as Yorkies. Whereas with a Cocker you pretty much know what you'll have when they are fully grown.

Indeed, you don't get the same predictability with a cross. It's the same thing with coats, some have a shedding Cocker type coat and some have woollier coats.

Pacey, good luck whatever you decide but speaking as a breeder, please be up front with the breeders you contact and explain you have not made your mind up yet so they know you are not necessarily seriously interested in their puppies and just want to find out more about the breed/cross breed (I'm sure you are doing that already but just in case...)

Jane