Author Topic: New video on You Tube utilising coat king  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
New video on You Tube utilising coat king
« on: April 15, 2016, 04:00:45 PM »
Just watched an excellent new video by a professional groomer, head to toe, trimming a lovely blue roan, and using a coat king, pet trim obviously. The dog looked beautiful and natural when finished, it's a very clear and polished video, it'll help me. I think last time I over trimmed Dylan's legs and under trimmed the sides of his body, so here goes! I must get some decent thinning scissors though.

http://youtu.be/6gjElAqAzMI

Hope it helps those who want a natural look without handstripping - my fingers won't take it now due to arthritis.

Cheers
Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: New video on You Tube utilising coat king
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 04:42:44 PM »
Thanks Lesley!,will have a look!

Offline KeresleyKate

• Arvy
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 02:59:23 PM »
Great video and not just for the coat king.  I took my boy to a new groomers today because my old one had moved. Usually he's done like in the video but with less feathering. The groomer said they only did clipping so I took him away again. Thought about doing it myself but I'm a bit nervous of trying to use clippers now i've heard him say about catching skin. Think I'll do a bit of ringing round. 

Thanks  Kate
Kate

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 05:08:48 PM »
Don't be scared of using clippers. I clipped all my five scotties (heads, necks and bottoms for the show ones, all over for pet ones, and I clipped other people' scotties too), plus my two previous spaniels. I can honestly say I never caught skin in the Clippers. As long as the blades don't have hugely wide teeth I would actually imagine it to be quite difficult to do. When you do the spaniel,neck just stretch his head up so the skin is taught and bob's your uncle. Same with all loose bits of skin.

I thought that was a good video too, there's some great stuff on YouTube.

Lesley and Dylan

Offline EmmaRose

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 09:16:41 PM »
Thanks for the link Lesley, it's a really useful video  :D
Emma, Pippa & Rory x

Offline KeresleyKate

• Arvy
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 11:57:09 AM »
Thanks Lesley. I feel inspired. Can you recommend clippers suitable for a beginner to have a go withI've already made use of part of the video and used the scissors/thinning scissors to trim his face and inside his ears. He looks better already.

Thanks again
Kate
Kate

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 01:14:05 PM »
The best clippers are Oster but they are quite expensive. I had an Oster which Iused for trimming my scotties and other dogs, so they worked hard. I've had a couple of Wahl, which were hopeless for any heavy duty work. I gave my Oster away, I wasn't intending to get another dog, but then Dylan came along. I bought these clippers from Zooplus, they had good reviews, and as there is only a small amount of clipping to do on a spaniel (if you're not clipping the coat that is), I didn't want to spend too much. I find them very good, and you can buy Oster blades to fit if you want.

It all depends how much clipping you need to do and how much you want to spend. There are some cheap clippers on the market which are rubbish, but these seem good value and certainly do the job.

Lesley and Dylan

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 05:19:53 PM »
Mike makes it look so easy, years of cocker experience.

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed