Author Topic: First week of Harrys new food.  (Read 2402 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

Re: First week of Harrys new food.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 09:39:44 AM »
I hear you PatP, Harry is in transition phase, one raw and one Kibble (Canagan) meal a day. he's definitely doing less poo's, this mornings effort was hard then a touch of the runs, presumably due to the mixture.

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 10:02:45 AM »
It will be interesting to see if the rest of the day's poos stay firm. Henry always had firm one first thing in the morning even if the rest were pure liquid, presumably because it had been sitting in for bowel longer and had more time to form and dry out.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 03:03:59 PM »
My dogs have always had progressively looser poos throughout the day - even on full raw, also on kibble, and also on a combo of both.  Patp - you don't have to feed raw to be an expert on dog poo  ;)

As long as their main poo in the morning is firm and what I would tend to call 'good' I don't tend to worry any more - and nor does my vet.

Jago's will end up as slush after a long walk - mind you he covers more ground than most other dogs we see so it's understandable  ;)  Jarv's used to but he doesn't expend as much energy any more so most often his stay firm all day. 

And Jago has also had colitis from feeding raw chicken wings so watch for that too  ;)

helen & jarvis x