Cocker Specific Discussion > Behaviour & Training

male neutering

<< < (5/5)

angelad:

--- Quote ---However, while getting ready for bed he jumps up and when I tell him to get down he starts jumping about and barking at me. Once I eventually grab hold of him(hes a slippery little monkey) and put him on the floor he's fine again. I have been laughed at for making such a "big deal" out of it but if you were to see him do it, he really does look like he's laying down a challenge to me ie "you'll have to catch me first".
--- End quote ---

Yep Cooper is exactly the same, trying to catch them is a nightmare. Yesturday when Doddie 'fish' came and this morning when someone came to the door I had to physically lift him and put him in his crate. I'll have to keep trying that and see if it works.

Not much good when hes already outside though. Does Vegas snarl & growl at you when you try to get him off the bed?                    

*Jay*:
It has been known for him to give a growl though he doesn't snarl. He hasn't ever bared his teeth and I don't think his growl is in the same context as when Brook growls ie I'm going to bite your head off :o but nevertheless it is a growl and I'm not standing for it. I think he's just trying his luck and if I persevere hopefully he will realise that it is not going to achieve anything ie he will still end up on the floor, voluntarily or not ;) The biggest problem with Brook is he got away with it so it is learned behaviour but he is also very capable of biting(I bear the scars :'() which makes the situation different to Vegas. I may actually start putting him in the crate at nightime until I am ready for his presence and see if that helps.                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version