Author Topic: Different sized kidneys  (Read 874 times)

Offline rubyduby

Different sized kidneys
« on: July 09, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »
My girl had a scan today and they have found she has one kidney smaller than the other, I am assuming one is correct size and the other less so, she has a small amount of protein in her urine which is currently being retested, I know this could be diseased or genetic, has anyone else come across this and what was the outcome. Her blood tests look ok, at the moment

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Different sized kidneys
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 01:09:14 PM »
I've just seen this. I don't have any answers, although I'm aware of at least one hereditary kidney disease in Cockers. But I thought I'd reply and bump this up for others to see, and also wish you well with a diagnosis. Have you had any further news about the problem since you posted?

Offline PennyB

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 02:37:44 PM »
I haven't but am aware that sometimes it may well be just an anomaly and nothing to do with the problem you also have (my mum had loads of tests and diagnostics to find that she just had a particularly long liver - so very time she went in to hospital they let the students loose on her - my mum loved being of help)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 06:46:55 PM »
Well her protein levels was quite high, but the blood test for her kidneys shows they are doing okay, so not sure what else might cause it. Was worried because her sister Ruby my gorgeous o/roan , Topaxs sister died of kidney issues 2 1/2 months  ago, so a bit worried as the illness can be hereditary