Author Topic: Paddling pool  (Read 1094 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Paddling pool
« on: May 29, 2017, 01:42:48 PM »
Just wondered if its worth buying a paddling pool or not? Do they actually get  used or are they a bit of a nine day wonder that end up taking space in the garden shed (along with OH's exercise bike ) OH wants to buy one for Humphrey's birthday but I'm sceptical as I can't really imagine what he'll actually DO in it once he's jumped in and out a couple of times and then got bored. Be interested to hear your experiences  ;) .

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Re: Paddling pool
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 01:51:52 PM »
Despite the fact that Archie will dive into any old muddy puddle given half a chance he never used the paddling pool I bought him! He vaguely showed a bit of interest on the first morning but then just ignored it!  >:(

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 01:58:55 PM »
Henry flat out refuses to have anything to do with his paddling pool.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline lescef

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 02:35:50 PM »
I bought one but neither of mine go anywhere near it even if tempted by treats  >:(
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 03:11:34 PM »
I bought one but neither of mine go anywhere near it even if tempted by treats  >:(
Henry flat out refuses to have anything to do with his paddling pool.
Despite the fact that Archie will dive into any old muddy puddle given half a chance he never used the paddling pool I bought him! He vaguely showed a bit of interest on the first morning but then just ignored it!  >:(

That's confirmed what I thought !! Thanks!!  ;) 👍

Offline Theo961

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »
Reese loves his and will spend most of the day in it on a hot day., as long as I don't fill it too deep.  :D

Offline Koslg

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 10:10:41 AM »
I bought one apple shaped with two halves. He ignored it. I have half away to his day care after about two years of it gathering dust.
Last week they took a photo of him having fun in the paddling pool  :005: ph34r

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 02:30:35 PM »
My puppy has one which I setup for the first time at the weekend. I put him in it and he just stood there.
He then jumped out and then jumped in on his own, he seems to like it.
The problem we have is that he now randomly jumps in the pool at times when we are in a rush or when its bed time  :005:

Offline TheAdventuresofBarnaby

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 03:07:24 PM »
Our daughter bought a paddling pool for her dogs a few summers back.

Of course it was set-up in our garden,  where it was filled and promptly ignored by all the dogs.  Betty our old cocker did eventually find a use for it though.  Once its contents had gone a horrible murky green colour,  she developed a taste for it as a preferred afternoon tipple:-)

Oh yes,  and the patch of grass under the damned thing took two years to grow back.

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 03:12:41 PM »
I think the mistake many of us make is to fill the damned things with CLEAN water. No self respecting Cocker cares for such a thing (I present as evidence: The Bath).
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 03:51:21 PM »
I think the mistake many of us make is to fill the damned things with CLEAN water. No self respecting Cocker cares for such a thing (I present as evidence: The Bath).

That is very true. My puppy jett will do whatever he can to get it the dirty river or any puddle. If the puddle has mud nearby he loves it even more.
However when I run the bath for him at home he hides under the table and literally runs from me to avoid having a bath  :005:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 03:55:29 PM »

:005: think you  have a point there!! Humphrey follows me round the garden in the evening trying to push his nose under the spout of the watering can incase a drop of the tasty brew that's stood in the water butts all winter, goes to waste!!!  :020:
Still haven't thought of a replacement birthday present though, so poor mite's  not going to have anything to unwrap tomorrow morning!   :'(    :005:

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 08:24:54 AM »
A bit late to this thread, but Grace loves her paddling pool - she had an 80cm first, but this summer has been upgraded to a 120cm pool.  On very hot days, I put all her plastic toys in the pool and she spends her time getting them all out - then I put them back in, and then she goes and gets them all out again - her tail doesn't stop wagging the whole time!  If I don't put the toys in the pool she just stands there looking at the pool wagging her tail which is my cue to put the toys in for her. 

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 09:03:28 AM »
My 2 love their paddling pool, especially in the hot weather.