Author Topic: interesting reading - vets on vaccines  (Read 11065 times)

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Re: interesting reading - vets on vaccines
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 09:32:40 PM »
With regard to Canigen/Nobivac both my dogs were vaccinated at 8 weeks by the breeders vet who uses Nobivac.  My vet uses Canigen, she looked at their card and checked the date confirmed it was OK, didn't bat an eyelid over the different manufacturers. 

I've since had replies from local vets who have again contacted Nobivac and this is the latest

We have been in contact with Nobivac the manufacture’s  who supply our vaccines and have now received a reply in response to your inquiry.

They have confirmed that you can use both Nobivac and Canigen together.

We have looked into this problem before and when we contacted Nobivac we were informed that they don’t recommend mixing the vaccines

We did manage to find a vet who agreed to use their vaccine, so Bumble didn't have to start the course again.

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
Re: interesting reading - vets on vaccines
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »
Does anyone know, if over vaccinating could cause lymphoma, a friend of mine has just lost her Boxer to this, he was only 6, he and his litter brother have just had their annual boosters. Understandably, she is devastated, as he went down hill so quickly, the Vet said she had never seen such an aggessive form >:D she of course is worried about her remaining boy.
RIP Bramley, gone, but not forgotten  :luv: :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum