Author Topic: new member  (Read 2885 times)

Offline lesley8162

• Site Member
« on: February 28, 2004, 12:18:05 PM »
Hi, I'm Lesley and I have a Cocker Spaniel that is 5 months old this week called Dicksy (hubby footie fan)  he is a lovely chap a blue roan although rather lively.  I am currently a member of another dog forum but desperately need advice on keeping him tidy as he loves being outdoors and is always mudded up to the eyeballs!   :)                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 12:30:45 PM »
:D Hi Lesley and Dicksie

Welcome to COL I too have a blue roan a little girl 10 months called Indie :D   She too is usually covered in mud :twisted:   I am sure you will find all the information you need on the grooming section of the forum :D   If not feel free to start your own post, on any specific questions :)

Don't forget to post a picture of your cocker in the photo gallery, I am sure we would all love to see him :D                    

Offline tittyfaloo

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 12:35:05 PM »
I can't give you any advice as my Maggie looks like a tramp most of the time. Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the board.
Samantha & Maggie                    
* KEEP SMILING *

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 03:23:27 PM »
Hi Lesley and Dicksy

Welcome to COL.  

As Emma has said we have a grooming section so hopefully you will find all your answers there, if you don't please do start another thread and I'm sure we will be able to help.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 04:49:41 PM »
Hi Lesley and Dicksy,

:D Welcome to Col :D

My boys a blue roan too.

would Dicksy be short for Dicksy Dean? (Everton) As my hubby's a footy fan too hence the name of our boy "Blue" :wink:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline lesley8162

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 08:00:02 PM »
Dicksy is aka Julian Dicks (ex West Ham), thanks you for all the welcome messages and have read quite a bit on grooming and even given him a quick trim today and he doesn't look like a poodle! (no offence to poodles) he actually looks a lot better.  I call him Dicksy Dewdrop as he's always covered in the morning dew as he loves to run through the grass and roll around, when it snows is the best he runs around the garden catching it in his mouth!                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 10:20:23 AM »
Dickey sounds just like all the other cockers on here :)  Welcome to the forum - hope the grooming tips helped.                    
Anita

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 12:13:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum Lesley  :D

Dont forget to post some pictures of Dicksy newly trimmed in our photo gallery  :D                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 01:02:49 PM »
Hi Lesley

Dicksy sound lovely.  Can't wait to see pics of him.  Is he the same Dicksy who's looking for an orange roan sibling in a year or so??  Hope you find the site useful.

Shirley  :D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline lesley8162

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2004, 06:44:00 PM »
yes it is I who is looking for a playmate for Dicksy for when he is approximately 18-24mths (although not too loud cos I've not told him yet and he thinks he is my life right now!)   :D  I have just visited your website and some of the links to the other websites you have and mmmmmmmmmmm my Dicksy isn't as groomed as I thought he was :oops:   I'm gonna put some pics up very shortly, I'm off work the rest of the week and will try and get some done but he isn't a natural to the camera and a black/grey streak is what I normally get!  :roll:                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2004, 08:09:26 PM »
Hi Lesley

We've got the same idea as you and a lot of other members too.  Morgan will be two in May and we hope to have a brother or sister for him by the summer  :)  Well done you, for convincing the other half already - it's taken me a bit longer than 5 months  :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the pictures   :P                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 12:33:38 AM »
Hi Leslie and Dicksy  :)                    

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2004, 07:39:21 AM »
Hi,
I have a blue roan, six month old cocker spaniel called Bailey.
They're just so much fun!                    
From Georgie and Bailey xxx