Author Topic: Bea just loves the RVC.  (Read 2293 times)

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
Bea just loves the RVC.
« on: September 23, 2018, 08:43:48 PM »
Bea has had a relapse in her condition, her Calcium went low and so was re admitted to the RVC last weekend, she came out on Monday bright as a button and very proud of herself  :luv:

She was due her checkup on Friday but started fitting on Thursday night so was rushed into our local vets, she had 7 episodes in an hour, one thankfully in front of our vet who explained that it was not a fit but her muscles cramping due to low calcium.

She kept her Friday appointment at the RVC and was admitted, she was given Calcium and vitamin D along with plenty of TLC which obviously did the trick as she came home today :luv:

Bea being Bea she has another unrelated issue now, she has left side face paralysis but the only way you can tell this is by her lack of a blink in the left eye.

Bea takes all of this in her stride, she is always happy to be there, I joked last night that she treats it as a Butlins camp but going by the bill I think it's more like Champneys !

I couldn't be more proud of her :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Bea just loves the RVC.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 10:58:35 AM »
Brave girl Bea  :luv: Hope things settle down now for a wee while. Good the vet saw the fit, so they were able to diagnose the reason quickly.  Is the facial paralysis a temporary thing? Gentle hugs for Bea.  :luv:

Offline its.sme

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 05:18:20 PM »
Brave girl Bea  :luv: Hope things settle down now for a wee while. Good the vet saw the fit, so they were able to diagnose the reason quickly.  Is the facial paralysis a temporary thing? Gentle hugs for Bea.  :luv:

Hi ejp, I managed to keep my self calm (ish) and filmed two episodes on my phone but the real thing did help.
It looks like the paralysis is permanent but I live in hope :luv: to be honest that's the bit I'm struggling with, not the eye drops or anything like that but what the future holds , I do worry that she cannot close it to protect it but I'm sure we will find a way I've even looked at Doggles :005:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 07:33:14 PM »
 :005: Bea's street cred will be off the Richter scale if she struts her stuff whilst sporting Doggles!  :luv:  :lol2: I would have been in a proper tizzy with all that going on, I am impressed you remembered to film twice! I think your girl's ability to take things in her stride is a huge bonus, and try not to worry too much about days ahead. Much easier said than done, I know. I think you and Bea have lots of fun times ahead, yet.

Offline its.sme

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 06:46:49 PM »
Thanks ejp,

It was her 3rd and 4th episodes that I filmed and I only managed to do it becouse she came through the first 2 as if nothing had happened, I know that it's best for Vets to see exactly what happens so that she could be treated more quickly.

I'm not sure that Bea could handle the Doggles and I'm a bit scared that I might be shunned from the Cocker community for using Doggles  :005:

But she dose love to role in the sand :luv:

image" border="0

image" border="0

Sharon.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 07:59:33 PM »
Oh bless her, happy as a pig in the proverbial!   :005:  You wouldn't know there was a thing wrong with her.  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 06:53:41 AM »
Bless her! What a little soldier!! Wishing Bea all the best, sending  :bigarmhug: and tail wags from Humphrey!!

(P.s. @ mods, - we could do with with a tail wag smiley!!   :lol2: )

Offline Darwin

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 09:48:58 PM »
Wish I had known Bea had been at the RVC. I would have popped in to see you. My office is just to the left of the main hospital building. Please message me next time you?re back at the RVC

Big Hugs to Bea

Offline its.sme

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 05:23:47 AM »
Wish I had known Bea had been at the RVC. I would have popped in to see you. My office is just to the left of the main hospital building. Please message me next time you?re back at the RVC

Big Hugs to Bea

Bea is back in the RVC it seems she's not done visiting them yet !

I've asked for a head scan just to rule other things out , but all being well she could be home tomorrow , it would be great to meet you, I'll PM you later (fingers crossed)

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 09:24:53 PM »
Oh poor love ❤️ will check back tomorrow for an update.

Offline its.sme

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 09:55:55 AM »
Bea is Home  :luv:

Her CT and spinal tap where both clear  :D

We have no explanation for the 10 second fit that she had Wednesday night and it's possible that we never will.

We are under strict instructions to keep her calm this weekend so I am very happily confined to the sofa with her, if I move she moves, she has a shaved area to all 4 legs and the back of her neck so her groomer will have a shock when she next goes in   :005:

Her vet had to avoid Bea's Kennel on the ward as much as possible as Bea would just get very excited every time she see her, so I think it's fair to say that Hannah has a fan for life.

We still have a way to go but I have my girl back home  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 12:01:19 PM »
Yay! Back where she belongs, and no hidden nasties! Brilliant.   :D.
Nothing else for it than to snuggle with your girl, vets orders!  :luv: lazy, cosy weekend sounds like just the job.
Hopefully the fits don't return. Enjoy the chill out time, and thanks for the update.

Offline its.sme

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 04:22:28 PM »
Hi All,

Bea went to see her fan club again today for a checkup, her calcium is coming back up but a lot slower then expected which in one way isn't such a bad thing but we can only get back to normal once her calcium is at a normal level.

So her vitamin D has been increased again and we have another appointment set for next Thursday.

The weirdest thing happened, we where waiting to be seen and 3 people asked to say Hello to Bea, it turns out they also have a Blue Roan and he was admited today for Liver problems they live local to us and go to the same Vets as us in the town ( small world ) , I did my best to make them feel better as I knew how they where feeling, it's so scary being there but they are in the best place and I could only wish them luck.

Sharon.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 05:59:58 PM »
So not bad going, Bea is just making the vets earn their money!  :005:
Isn't it funny how cocker owners gravitate toward cockers. I feel for those poor people, it's scary. I hope their boy is ok.

Offline its.sme

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 04:45:24 AM »
So not bad going, Bea is just making the vets earn their money!  :005:
Isn't it funny how cocker owners gravitate toward cockers. I feel for those poor people, it's scary. I hope their boy is ok.

I have to admit that I've been to A&E a couple of times and barely said more then a Hello to others in the waiting area , but the waiting room for the RVC is a completely different thing, you might not know whats wrong with their Dog but you know exactly how they are feeling.

Sharon.