Author Topic: Wasp stings...  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Leo0106

Wasp stings...
« on: October 08, 2018, 09:02:58 PM »
Hi all,
Leo's been out tonight, usual walk, dived into a bush and ran out again with a wasp attached to his rump!
After inspection it appears he has 3 stings. One on his front leg, one on his bum and one next to his winky!
None of them look too swollen, he's been licking them since he came home but other than that he is fine. Just wondered about home remedies to ease the sting?
My dog trainer said piriton but i only have a different brand anti-histamine in the house....
Any ideas?

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Wasp stings...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 09:13:05 PM »
Old wives remedy is half an onion held over the spot!  ;)

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 09:15:31 PM »
Old wives remedy is half an onion held over the spot!  ;)

Oh Christ  :005: well this will be fun to try... anything i can rub on instead of hold on?! He won't even give me a paw at the moment haha

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 11:57:21 PM »
We used white vinegar on Purdey when she was badly stung 2 years ago.  OH was stung at the same time, he said the vinegar really helped with the pain and itchiness.

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 06:13:32 AM »
Thanks pearly do you just dab it on? Leo settled down in the end last night but i am currently watching him lick his arm continuously  on the puppy cam so assuming it's still playing him up

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 07:24:09 AM »
Didn?t mention it yesterday as you obviously needed a quick house remedy, but, for the future, - I always treat all stings with Apis Mellifica Globules C30. ( I know not everyone on here believes in homeopathy, but I?m a great fan  ;)!)
My little bottle, along with Arnica, goes with me everywhere!
Hope Leo?s feeling better, -  :bigarmhug: from us!

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 01:30:46 PM »
yes vinegar (pref white but brown better than nothing) and Piriton tablet.

Hope he is okay x

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 07:28:13 PM »
Didn?t mention it yesterday as you obviously needed a quick house remedy, but, for the future, - I always treat all stings with Apis Mellifica Globules C30. ( I know not everyone on here believes in homeopathy, but I?m a great fan  ;)!)
My little bottle, along with Arnica, goes with me everywhere!
Hope Leo?s feeling better, -  :bigarmhug: from us!

Ooo I will go buy some. I like anything natural. I ended up buying piriton today because the dog walker said he was agitated at lunchtime. But i would prefer not to give him drugs etc. I guess I'm lucky as he is always trying to eat flys and bees etc so he was lucky yesterday wasn't the day he managed to eat one

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 10:34:20 PM »
We used white vinegar on Purdey when she was badly stung 2 years ago.  OH was stung at the same time, he said the vinegar really helped with the pain and itchiness.

Hi, yes to dabbing the vinegar on.  It does work - I stood on a wasp a few weeks ago, the prospec too a hugely swollen foot that was too painful to stand on was worse than the actual sting! It did throb bit and took several days for the swelling/toxins to disappear.

Hope he?s improved overnight

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 07:49:16 PM »
Thanks pearly. he seems to be fine today. Had a little nibble at the stings that he can access but other than that happy as Larry.