Author Topic: Mysterious lump- strange but true!  (Read 2396 times)

Offline dollop

• Site Member
Re: Mysterious lump- strange but true!
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2006, 06:25:42 PM »
Thinks:What sex do you put on your pet insurance now?

Funny you should ask that- it's always the question I struggle with! Although she's genetically XXY which would make her a male with Klinefelter's syndrome so officially I tick the "male" box- but she's still a girlie to me!

Some people stopped us to make a fuss of her today, and asked,"Is your dog a boy or a girl?"
I replied, "Yes." :005:

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2006, 06:33:19 PM »
Thinks:What sex do you put on your pet insurance now?

Some people stopped us to make a fuss of her today, and asked,"Is your dog a boy or a girl?"
I replied, "Yes." :005:
:rofl1: well what else can you say?
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline dollop

• Site Member
Re: Mysterious lump- update- not over yet...
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2006, 06:59:11 PM »
I was concerned that Dolly seemed to be getting worse. Yesterday she was weeing a lot more than normal, and i caught her chattering her teeth (bad sign.) So today I took her back to the vet, expecting to be told she had a little infection in her (healing nicely) scar.

Vet looked at her scar- nope, that's fine. I mentioned the weeing- vet plopped Dolly on her back, examined her bits and gave them a gentle squeeze- and a load of pus came out.

The (different from last op, but at same practice) vet has decided that the problem is Dolly's penis bone- not only does she have one, but it is bent at a funny angle. Apparently she has seen similar recurrent symptoms in an intersex dog before and removal of the offending bone sorted them out.

The pus-covered swab has been sent for analysis so the vet can decide which antibiotic to use. Dolly is still recovering from her op.

The worst news is that as soon as she's well enough, she will have to have another operation to remove the bone. I've given the vet strict instructions this time that if anything else presents itself that she doesn't need or shouldn't have, to remove it; if it's not causing a problem yet, it probably will eventually.

Still feeling a bit tearful and very sorry for my poor dog. I just want her to be well. She remains the same, sweet-natured, easy-going and lovely dog she has always been and it just seems so unfair.

Sorry for rambling. Please wish Dolly well- she needs all the help she can get!

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2006, 09:27:57 PM »
Oh Dollop :'( , whatever next? You must be exhausted with all this. Poor Dolly. She's been through so much  :luv:
Fern sents lots of healing cocker slurps  :luv:  :-* to Dolly and big (((((hugs))))) to you both from me. Keep us posted.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline redmal

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2006, 07:18:03 PM »
Poor Dolly!! She WILL be OK in the end, and she doesnt know anything about the next op yet! Its worse for you in a way. Enjoy your lovely boygirl, she ll come right in the end!! Lots and lots of love & squidges to you both!! :luv: