Author Topic: Disney has a lump  (Read 2059 times)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Disney has a lump
« on: July 21, 2007, 07:02:14 PM »
Disney has a lump on his back which I discovered on Thursday night. Its hard and about the size of a pea but doesn't appear painful. Due to his age, I figured it was something simple like a sebaceous cyst and my plan was to monitor it for the next few months until his booster in October, unless of course it grew rapidly. However, I've just had a thought that could it be a grass seed? I took two off Vegas's ear on Tuesday night after taking them to a new park, so I'm now wondering if its possible that he has one imbedded in his back? How would I know? Do grass seed lumps look any different from other lumps??  He is back at the vets for his poorly tummy on Tuesday so will ask them to have a look then but the more I think about it, the more that it seems too much of a coincidence timing wise :-\  And to prove that things happen in threes for the poor boy, Deadman the hamster bit him on the bum yesterday  ph34r :005: :005:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
Re: Disney has a lump
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »
Aww poor Disney he is having a run of bad luck at the moment. I hope he is back to full health very soon.

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 07:50:28 PM »
Poor Disney, if you are at the vets anyway it is defo worth asking.

If it was a grass seed, would it be bothering him though? I mean when they are in their paws and ears, they lick or shake heads, if it was a foreign body would he be trying to rub it out on the floor.....if you know what I mean!!

Take care Disney xx

PS I did have to laugh about the Hammy biting your botty though! ph34r :005:

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 10:34:29 PM »
Disney has a lump on his back which I discovered on Thursday night. Its hard and about the size of a pea but doesn't appear painful. Due to his age, I figured it was something simple like a sebaceous cyst and my plan was to monitor it for the next few months until his booster in October, unless of course it grew rapidly. However, I've just had a thought that could it be a grass seed? I took two off Vegas's ear on Tuesday night after taking them to a new park, so I'm now wondering if its possible that he has one imbedded in his back? How would I know? Do grass seed lumps look any different from other lumps??  He is back at the vets for his poorly tummy on Tuesday so will ask them to have a look then but the more I think about it, the more that it seems too much of a coincidence timing wise :-\  And to prove that things happen in threes for the poor boy, Deadman the hamster bit him on the bum yesterday  ph34r :005: :005:

It could be?  Seeds do migrate as others have posted.  If it is, I hope it 'migrates' out  ;)

I hate to mention Ben again  ph34r  But I've noticed that he is swollen between the shoulder blades, almost the same as the lump he had after his puppy vacs.  I know that he had a bad grass seed encounter about 3 weeks ago (and two op's ago).  I did mention to the vet at the time and said that there was a lump in his armpit but they found nothing - 3 weeks later there is a lump hidden in the swelling.  I too think it may be a grass seed  >:D  Ben has had his three things wrong in the past month - this will be number four  :o

It doesn't bother him in the slightest so I'll leave it until his appointment at the vet next week - they are hopefully going to sign him off  :huh:

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 11:36:58 PM »
Poor old Disney.  :luv: 

I'm thinking that if it was a grass seed that it would be painful and perhaps a bit inflammed.  :-\

Sapphi had a lump removed a couple of years ago, they couldn't get a conclusive histology from aspiration. When I touched the lump it didn't seem to bother her and the vets said they would leave the decision up to me, they could monitor her or remove it. I opted to have it removed.......I am a better safe than sorry person.
Sapphi had been quieter and calmer for a couple and we just thought she was growing up. However on the day she had the lump removed, she came back from the vets back to her normal happy self.  The vet said that although she didn't react to it being manipulated it must have been giving her quite a lot of pain.
So from now on, any lumps will be coming off just in case it causing them pain.

Ben, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you haven't fallen prey to the those dreaded grass seeds again.  >:(
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 12:22:52 AM »
Poor Disney  :luv: hope you find out what it is on Tuesday.  Deadman is living dangerously isn't he  :005:
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 12:23:51 AM »
Poor Disney. I hate lumps ... I worry about them constantly.

Woofie had one last year under his ribcage but that was quite big.  It was tested and found to just be fatty and they removed it when he had to go under a g.a. for something else.

We have found another lump on his chest which was small and hard like a pea.  We took him to the vets who stuck a needle in it and looked at it on a slide twice before saying he was happy it was just a fatty lump as the slide was greasy.  It's grown a tiny bit since then but I keep thinking I wish he had sent the slide away to the lab to be on the safe side.  I am considering going back but my OH thinks I am crazy because the vet said he was happy ... but he could be wrong couldn't he?

Hope Disney's lump isn't a horrible grass seed and rub his poor bum for me  :D

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 08:27:23 AM »
I hope you get to the bottom of Disneys lumps soon, Gill - after my experience with Molo and Paniculitis, I would have any lump checked out straight away........ :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 01:04:32 PM »
I'm also a bit paranoid about lumps; Domino has one about a third of the way down his tail (in fact I posted a thread about it ages ago.)

At the time my vet assured me it was quite harmless; however as he still has it I checked it out again & again Tim (vet) re-assured me that it was a cyst & harmless (in fact his dog has an identical lump in the same place!!)

It's always worth checking it out though. ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 01:08:15 PM »
Good luck at the vet on Tuesday, Gill. Poppy had a lump on her ribs a few weeks ago - turned out to be a bruise.

Gentle hugs to Disney. xx
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 08:27:51 PM »
Good luck for tomorrow Gill - let us know how Disney gets on.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 09:18:39 PM »

Will do  ;)  I can't stop feeling it - he just gives me this look as if to say "will you bloomin' well leave me alone"  :lol: :lol:

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 09:23:14 PM »

Will do  ;)  I can't stop feeling it - he just gives me this look as if to say "will you bloomin' well leave me alone"  :lol: :lol:

aawww.

Hope he's ok gill  :-*

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 09:30:56 PM »
aww poor baby  :'( ..what a worry you are having ...(((hugs))) for you all ...hope its nothing to worry about x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 08:30:55 PM »
Well, the vet thinks its a sebaceous cyst (top marks for me  :lol:) which is a relief.  She has noted the position and size on his file so its just going to be a case of monitoring it and removing it if and when it becomes necessary.