Author Topic: Small Lump  (Read 756 times)

Offline Lynne1

• Site Member
Small Lump
« on: May 04, 2008, 04:49:31 PM »
I have found a lump on my dogs stomach, any clues, doesn't seem to bother her

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Re: Small Lump
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 04:57:29 PM »
If it is near a nipple then it can be a mammory tumour. These are not necessarily cancerous  (fern just had 8 removed, of 2 different benign types - she's a lumpy dog as the vet put it).

It could be a simple syst or even a fatty lump or a wart or even a bite or sting maybe even a hernia (hard to tell from your description).

Keep an eye on it, if it grows or changes pop off to the vet. ;)

Clare
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 05:01:20 PM »
can be a lot of things... where exactly on the stomach is it? Is it soft or hard? Does it move with the skin or does it seem to be rooted deeper? How old is your dog?

Small umbilical hernia is one (center of belly, usually not a problem), fatty lipomas (very common in older dogs and generally harmless, soft lumps that move with the skin), mammary tumors (hard, located near a teat) old age "warts", bug bite...and on and on

Keep an eye on it for any changes and mention it to your vet next time you go. However if it does change in size or texture you will want to see the vet about it  
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Lynne1

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 05:36:56 PM »
Thanks for your replies, she is nearly 9 has had two litters of pups and the small lump is near the bottom of her nipple, it seems to move not static. Hope this helps.

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 05:46:15 PM »
I'd just keep an eye on it for any changes  ;)
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Lynne1

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 09:34:27 PM »
I will do, thanks for taking the time.

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 11:07:20 PM »
Just wanted to add that I've panicked about many a small lump and they've resulted as nothing to worry about. Best advice has already been given, just monitor it. If you are still concerned there is no harm in checking it with the vet to put you mind at ease.  ;)
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)