Author Topic: I think we are going to lose little Ollie...  (Read 13780 times)

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
I think we are going to lose little Ollie...
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:18:23 AM »
I feel so scared.  After all the delight of finally bringing home little Ollie.....and the fact that he appeared to be doing so well with the other two dogs.....we might now lose him.

We only picked him up on Monday....and all seemed well, although the breeder did have another sick little doggie, who was just being taken off to the vet to be put on a drip.

Anyway, last night he began vomitting, and had projectile poo................we rushed him to the emergency vet, and he was put on a drip..... then this morning he was transferred to our own vet.  They tell me they are not holding up a lot of hope.

When I rang the breeder she said she felt is was just separation anxiety, and that 2 other dogs from the litter have had the same, and recovered.

Has anyone had something similar happen..............I am just a wreck.....I don't know what to do with myself.....

I just can't lose him.....
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
Re: I think we are going to lose little Ollie...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 11:20:36 AM »
Oh no what does the vet think it is? I am praying for him to be well again its just unimaginable, take care :luv:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline LinzB

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 11:20:45 AM »
Oh no!  :o

How awful for you, I really hope that Ollie pulls through ok and that he makes a good recovery. Fingers & paws crossed here.

Thinking of you and little Ollie, c'mon little man xx  :luv:

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »
I have no experience of this but just wanted to say we will be thinking positive thoughts for little Ollie. Get well soon little guy  :luv: :luv:.

Millie

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 11:21:35 AM »
Oh doG I cant imagine what you are going through, but try to stay positive. There have been some amazing stories on here about dogs pulling through some awful illnesses/operations etc. They are very resilient things, and I hope and pray that he pulls through

Sending you lots of cocker kisses  :luv: :luv:

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 11:22:47 AM »
Oh no , i hope he pulls through for you  :'( seperation aniexty shouldnt be that bad surely , and your vet must have had good reason to put him on a drip so he obviously poorly . I hope he gets better soon . Sending big hugs and cocker kisses to you and little Ollie  :-*

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 11:31:37 AM »
The vet suspects that it is a case of parvovirus.....and that as he only came on Monday afternoon, that the problem started before we collected him.
As other doggies have had problems, they are thinking along those lines.

What can I say..... first we lost the little pup we should have had from her, because it got killed in the pony field....now this.  The breeder does insist it is only separation anxiety.  Our vet is contacting hers.

I feel devastated, and unable to think really.
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Spangles

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 11:38:47 AM »
Oh no, how awful for you.

Fingers cross for the little fellah.
Love me, love my dogs

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 11:39:38 AM »
No advice, but just as the others have said, hoping he pulls through and sending you thoughts and hugs x

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 11:42:25 AM »
All fingers and paws crossed here for you and Ollie xx Hope the wee man gets better soon
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 11:44:28 AM »
Poor Ollie  :'( Fingers crossed for him  :luv:

I think that the breeder is wrong about this, pups don't get serious seperation anxiety so early into being at their new home - especially if there's other dogs in the household to keep them company  :-\ I would be very cross with the breeder for insisting that it is just seperation anxiety  >:(, thank goodness you had the sense to take the pup to the emergency vets  :-*
The vet sounds knowledgeable, and parvo does seem to fit in with the symptoms and rapid deterioration that you describe Ollie having  :embarassed:
If it is parvo then I would insist that the breeder pay for any veterinary fees/costs etc...

Fingers crossed for you little guy!  :-*

Mary xxx

Offline allylou

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 11:45:52 AM »
Poor little Ollie -will be thinking of you all. x x
Ally, Marley & Wilbur x

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 11:47:48 AM »
Oh No. How terrible for you. Everything was going so well for you.  It seems strange that the breeder had another ill dog and has said that others from the litter have also been ill. Although she has said that they are fine now. There are tests they can do to determine if it is parvo. I really hope it's not. Morgana had a bad stomach when I got her as a pup and had to be kept in at the vets on a drip and I was very worried. She is 4 now and has kids of her own. Don't give up hope. Praying for you and little Ollie and sending lots of positive and healing thoughts your way from human and Cocker alike. I really hope it all turns out ok for you.  :luv:  :-*
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 11:48:02 AM »

I think that the breeder is wrong about this, pups don't get serious seperation anxiety so early into being at their new home - especially if there's other dogs in the household to keep them company  :-\ I would be very cross with the breeder for insisting that it is just seperation anxiety  >:(, thank goodness you had the sense to take the pup to the emergency vets  :-*
The vet sounds knowledgeable, and parvo does seem to fit in with the symptoms and rapid deterioration that you describe Ollie having  :embarassed:
If it is parvo then I would insist that the breeder pay for any veterinary fees/costs etc...

Mary xxx

I agree
 fingers toes everything crossed here.  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 11:52:39 AM »

Mary xxx

I agree
 fingers toes everything crossed here.  :luv: :luv: :luv:

I agree with Mary and Jean, everything crossed here too  :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x