Author Topic: Heart Broken  (Read 14700 times)

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
Re: Heart Broken
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2009, 06:51:29 PM »
What a fantastic legacy, the gift of life saving treatment for other dogs.  :luv:
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2009, 07:16:19 PM »
What a fantastic legacy, the gift of life saving treatment for other dogs.  :luv:

Just what I was thinking.

Run free Mya  :luv: :luv:

Millie

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2009, 07:35:24 PM »
What a courageous thing to do  :luv: 

Maya will always be with you in your heart.  :luv:  Thinking of you at such a sad time.  :'(

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2009, 07:36:50 PM »
Night night Mya  :luv: You loved and were loved greatly.  Sleep tight xx

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2009, 08:02:44 PM »
I can only echo what others have said about your selfless act and offer my thoughts to you as I understand what it's like to watch your baby die. My first cocker had kidney failure and I just watched him pack up. So heartbreaking.

My thoughts are with you.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline BabyB

« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2009, 08:36:13 PM »
'm doing as you have all suggested and thinking of all the happy fun times we've had and looking at photos, but all I can think is I want her back.

Of course you do.  It is far too early to 'remember the good times', you have to grieve first my sweet.  Allow yourself to be as sad and broken hearted as you want.  That is part of the process.  It takes a while before you can look back and smile.  I found it helped me to make a memory box.  I bought a beautiful pink and white box and as I came upon things of Chloes, I would pop them in there.  Everything went in, her coat, collar, medicines, even the last bill for her.  I cannot bring myself to look in it yet but I will one day.  I have just started one for Holly who we lost on August 29th.

Time.  That is all that is needed.  Not to get over your loss but to be able to bear it.  I wish I could give you a hug because I feel so sad for you and the journey you are now on xxxxx
What a lovely way to remember them Sheryl - I wish we had done something like that too.

I truly am so sorry for baby Mya.  She's out of pain, and it was a selfless act to do, I know.

Hugs to you  :-*
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2009, 08:57:18 PM »
I'm sorry I missed this somehow, and I am so sorry to hear about Mya. What a beautiful and special girl she was, and she will always be remembered. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2009, 09:20:52 PM »
I'm so sorry, I've just seen this. I'm so sad for you as like so many others I've walked in your shoes.

Thinking of you all.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline williamsmum

« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2009, 09:48:11 PM »
Have just caught up with this thread, and I am so sorry for the pain you are going through, having lost your little girl so young. As so many have said on here, it is the most terrible pain there is. I have lost three dogs, my two GSD's and my first cocker, Jasper, who was only eighteen months. The pain is indescribable, and you never stop missing them - they are with you wherever you go. In time, you will remember her without the tears, but the ache will always be there. You did the very best for your girl, and that is the thought you must keep with you always. No animal can ask for more than an owner who is prepared to put their needs before his/her own.

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2009, 10:40:28 PM »
Ive only just caught up with this, Im so very very sorry  :'(

Thinking of you all  :luv:

Run Free little Lady  :luv: :luv:

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline catcmartin

• Site Member
  • Hamish
« Reply #190 on: October 13, 2009, 12:12:36 PM »
I can understand how badly you miss Mya as I lost my old girl last month.  I applaud your courage in allowing the vets to investigate her illness after she had passed.
Run free Mya whole again a candle is lit for your passing to the bridge, until you meet again.
Cathy
Cathy
Belle my Angel 22-09-09
Charlie my Angel 11-12-2014
Hamish latest addition

Offline lynnebr

• Site Member
Re: Heart Broken (Her Legacy)
« Reply #191 on: October 13, 2009, 05:07:11 PM »
  I applaud your courage in allowing the vets to investigate her illness after she had passed.

Loosing Mya was the worst thing imaginable but we wanted to do all we could to stop others having to go through what Mya did.

I owe a huge thank you to Matt who was Mya's vet at the vetinary hospital and all the other staff who were so friendly and supportive. I had no idea how many lives Mya touched and how many hearts she filled with joy and laughter, from my Mum, Dad, Brother, Aunts, Uncles, friends, neighbours, my fiancee, daughter, inlaws, people in the local area who seen her out on walks. The list is never ending and there have been tears hugs flowers and cards. So many people miss her and it makes me so proud to think she was my dog and what a special little girl she was.
Lynne and Mya xx

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2009, 09:37:24 PM »
What a lovely post. It's a wonderful testament to Mya that she touched so many lives in such a positive way.  :luv:
From the Darby family

Offline Spangles

• Site Member
« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2009, 09:09:41 AM »
Sleep tight little Mya - she sounds like she was such a special little lady.  :luv:
Love me, love my dogs

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Heart Broken (Her Legacy)
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2009, 09:26:27 AM »
  I applaud your courage in allowing the vets to investigate her illness after she had passed.

Loosing Mya was the worst thing imaginable but we wanted to do all we could to stop others having to go through what Mya did.

I owe a huge thank you to Matt who was Mya's vet at the vetinary hospital and all the other staff who were so friendly and supportive. I had no idea how many lives Mya touched and how many hearts she filled with joy and laughter, from my Mum, Dad, Brother, Aunts, Uncles, friends, neighbours, my fiancee, daughter, inlaws, people in the local area who seen her out on walks. The list is never ending and there have been tears hugs flowers and cards. So many people miss her and it makes me so proud to think she was my dog and what a special little girl she was.

This thread is incredibly moving and I admire you so much as Catcmartin has said for having the courage to allow an autopsy.

Mya clearly touched a lot of lives while she was on this earth and she is continuing this by helping other dogs in the future  :luv:

Thank you and thank Mya, you're both wonderful :bigarmhug:
helen & jarvis x