Author Topic: Pepper is officially a bit hard of hearing not just ignoring me!  (Read 764 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
 :005:
 I thought she was getting even more wayward but no she is actually getting deaf.. well she is 12 and a half.. she can hear the whistle tho its voices she cant hear so well. she doesnt hear me calling her for her food, if shes sleeping I have to give her a poke she is most indignant.. :005:
 its the only sign of her ageing as she still belts about like a pup! Its a bit sad tho. I hate to think of not having her around, id like her to be here for another 12 years..
 hey ho.. at least I taught her hand signals when she was young.. hopefully she isnt like me and need specs!  :D

Offline luckypenny

Re: Pepper is officially a bit hard of hearing not just ignoring me!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 09:29:31 AM »
It's horrible when you start to see the signs of ageing :huh:. It's good that she's still so lively and   knows the hand signals tho' :blink:.

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:30:38 AM »
Totally with you on this one. Penny is nearly 14 and her hearings going. I know have to go and fetch her for dinner, if I call her she just doesn't hear me. Unlike Pepper though, Penny is a little madam, and even though she knows the hand signals, she quite often chooses not to do as she's told! Particularly out on walks, or getting in the car she really milks the "oh I'm a poor old dog, I don't have to do as I'm told any more!" routine!

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:32:09 AM »
Poor Pepper. I wish my two had such a good excuse for ignoring me  >:(
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:53:39 AM »
Poor Pepper. I wish my two had such a good excuse for ignoring me  >:(

:rofl1:

I'm SURE Pepper wouldn't take advantage of her hearing deficiency Jean (well maybe she would, she's a clever girl after all  :luv: :luv: :luv:)

She is doing so well for her age - I can never believe her age when I see pics of her  :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 12:16:30 PM »
Oh bless her......are you sure it's not just a defence strategy Re the nagging etc? ph34r

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 03:11:45 PM »
Oh bless her......are you sure it's not just a defence strategy Re the nagging etc? ph34r
Hmm! shes a clever enough rogue!!  :005:
 anyway while cora was at vets we went to littleferry with the 3 and sandras 3.. pepper led the way. all the walk.. leapt fences, swam, had a whale of a time. all the time followed by her retinue.. jack even ran after her for spells and sandra was so pleased to see him enjoying himself after being so sick.. he is still vomitting but it has gone from orange to  emerald green to yellow today. and his bowels have started moving again.. the vets havent a clue what was wrong with him but he seems to be improving on his own..anything they gave him made him worse!
 so hopefully jack is over his mystery illness and ready to race after pepper again.. :luv: she leaves them all standing!