Author Topic: colitus question  (Read 564 times)

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
colitus question
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »
pepper has been diagnosed with colitus. he's on stuff from the vet which is helping. we are also trying to keep him just on his Royal Cannin Sensible,nothing else/ any general advice please.

Offline maddy74

Re: colitus question
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:05:47 PM »
Is it the RC sensitivity control kibble? We had to give Willow that as during puppyhood she was often passing very sloppy muccusy stools and sometimes it contained blood. She was on that food for about 4 or 5 months at a guess and her poops firmed up nicely. we were then able to re introduce her onto another food and touch wood since sept/oct time she had been fine.

We were not sure which food triggered it so when we first put her on this food we didnt give her anything else, once her tum was fine we began re introducing other foods back into her diet.

Where are you getting your food from I find viovets a good web site and cheaper than buying at the vets.

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 07:34:45 AM »
be careful what medication he is given a one vet gave me something (cant remember what ) but found out it caises dry eye and the vet didnt tell me  >:D , hes the only vet in our practice we dont like  >:D
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline BrambleyHedge

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 10:46:22 PM »
Our Bramble is also on his second bout of colitis since Easter. He's 18 months old and has been fed on Fish for Dogs kibble mixed with a little canned dog food.. Currently being treated with Pro Colin and being fed on cooked chicken and rice. Seems to be improving. We now have to decide whether to try him again on his previous food or try something different. Any advice? It does seem strange that he has thrived on the fish and now suddenly it may be the cause of the colitis.

Offline maddy74

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 09:02:48 PM »
Willow is now on the barking heads fusspot (salmon and potato) and it seems to agree with her fine  :D