Author Topic: My Crimbo pressie  (Read 3701 times)

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
My Crimbo pressie
« on: December 26, 2006, 06:40:59 PM »
OK so not a big deal to alot of folk, but mega for me.
Its been just over a year since we got Dobbie and I have had him out beating this season which he loves, but today he excelled himself.
First he retrieved a rabbit, picked it straight up and brought it straight to me, perfectly presented.
Then a pheasant went down in the woods, we searched hi and lo, thinking it should be right at the edge, but it has only been shot on its wing, after 10 mins Dobbie went off and came back with this hen pheasant - first pheasant retrieve - he handed it to me and it flapped - being a girl I got a fright and dropped it, and he went and got it back for me and presented it a 2nd time.
I was soooo chuffed, not only his first pheasant retrieve but it was a runner and he was so good and I am soooooo proud - grinned from ear to ear for the rest of the day  :D :D

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: My Crimbo pressie
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 07:03:50 PM »
It is a big deal, especially for a pheasant!

Congratulations to you both!   :D
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Penel

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 07:14:07 PM »
Wow that is very impressive, I'm sure all mine would have been scared of a flappy pheasant  :o  well done Dobster  :D :luv:

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 07:30:41 PM »
You have every right to be proud of your boy. Dobbie you are a star :angel: . I expect that's your best Christmas present this year  :blink: .
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 07:40:35 PM »
Wow that is very impressive, I'm sure all mine would have been scared of a flappy pheasant  :o  well done Dobster  :D :luv:

flappy, it was legging it as fast as its little pheasanty legs could carry it :lol:

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 07:43:02 PM »
well done dobbie (and freya for not squealing when she was presented with a live pheasant!), what a clever lad :luv: :luv: :luv:

jarv is aspiring to be as good as dobbie, it will take a little while :shades: ph34r
helen & jarvis x