Author Topic: Peter Pan at Many Tears  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Peter Pan at Many Tears
« on: February 21, 2013, 09:07:21 PM »

:luv: :luv: :luv:

21-02-13 Peter Pan is a 4 year old ex-stud Cocker Spaniel. He is very underweight at the moment and is extremely nervous so needs lots of tender loving care. He was very good to bath and is clearly a sweet lad underneath his worried exterior. The tip of his tail appears to be broken so he will see our vet about this. Peter Pan doesn't know how to walk on a lead yet and has never lived in a home before so will need to learn about house training and how to walk on a lead etc.  He will need a kind and gentle dog already living in the home for him to copy and learn from.
PLEASE NOTE: We nearly always home dogs who have come from breeders where there is ALREADY A RESIDENT DOG living in the house. They have usually never lived in a house before and are only used to canine company. They usually get their confidence and learn faster with another dog to copy from. This also helps with house training and learning how to walk on a lead. They will make lovely pets but do need a lot of love, time and patience. If the ex breeding dog you are interested in can be an only dog it will say so in its write up. Please read our information on ADOPTING EX-BREEDING DOGS before you apply.
ADOPTION DETAILS
The adoption fee for a dog is £170 for a dog at the centre and £180 for one in foster. If your application is successful you will be home checked and you, all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the dog you want to adopt. All our dogs are micro-chipped, have had at least their first inoculation and are spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
Re: Peter Pan at Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:25:19 PM »
Wow  :o that's alot of fur....am sure there is a handsome gent in there  :luv: good luck Peter Pan  :luv:

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 09:27:23 PM »
He should have been named Chewbacka (sp)  :005:

He's gorgeous  :luv:
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:20:37 PM »
Bless him, hope his tail mends soon and he finds a wonderful home.

Offline Dinah

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »
Wow  :o that's alot of fur....am sure there is a handsome gent in there  :luv: good luck Peter Pan  :luv:
There really is a handsome gent in there, :blink: and this handsome gent is now curled up infront of the fire fast asleep. :-*  

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 06:53:53 PM »
Wow  :o that's alot of fur....am sure there is a handsome gent in there  :luv: good luck Peter Pan  :luv:

There really is a handsome gent in there, :blink: and this handsome gent is now curled up infront of the fire aslee-  

Have fun with him  :-*

Offline Lovely

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 08:16:58 PM »
He is absolutely fab, what a wonderful face :luv:
Ali

Offline Lovely

Peter Pan at Many Tears
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 03:29:38 PM »
I wouldn't be able to have him as Lovely is far from calm but he just looks like a great little character, so hope he gets chosen by someone soon.
Ali

Offline Dinah

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
There'll be a fuller update on the Many Tears site for Peter Pan in the next few days.  He's off lead now in the woods and his recall is good; trying to teach verbal recall using the name Peter Pan did bring some strange looks my way 'though, so his name here is Ted! ;)  He's quickly learning that being a 'proper' cocker spaniel is good fun.   :luv: :luv:

Offline Lovely

Peter pan at many tears
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 03:49:38 PM »
I've got a real  soft spot for this lad, hope he gets a home soon
Ali

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 12:51:29 PM »
22/03/13
Peter Pan is a loving, gentle dog.  He's quickly settled into life in a home, eats and sleeps with my dogs and takes no notice of the resident cats.  Peter Pan travels well in the car. He really loves his walks in the woods, where he's off lead in safe areas. His recall is good.  Housetraining is 'work in progress' - and there has been progress!  Peter Pan can be left for a couple of hours with my dogs; he isn't destructive.  I think he'd be happiest in a home where any children are older, and where someone is around most of the time.  He will need to live with a kind, confident dog too.  Peter Pan has finally been allowed to discover what fun 'mad cocker spaniel moments' are. When this happens, he makes us laugh - and he seems to be laughing too!  In the right home, he will become a fabulous family pet.

There's a lovely video as well on the Many Tears site
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline williamsmum

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 03:01:19 PM »
He is beautiful!  :luv:

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 03:11:36 PM »

Someone will snap this little fellow up and thank you for it :luv: :clapping:

Mel.

Offline julesph

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 12:04:17 PM »
I am almost sure that my MT Rescue girl Alice is a relative of this little man. She looked IDENTICAL when we got her although she was probably in worse condition. The fur growth, everything is the same - it's uncanny and I do wonder if she is his Mum.  We have had her for 3 years now and she is a delight.

Offline Dinah

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 07:28:27 PM »
I am almost sure that my MT Rescue girl Alice is a relative of this little man. She looked IDENTICAL when we got her although she was probably in worse condition. The fur growth, everything is the same - it's uncanny and I do wonder if she is his Mum.  We have had her for 3 years now and she is a delight.
I'd love to see a photo of her. :blink:  How old is she? 
Peter Pan is becoming a bit of a racer - he just loves to whizz up and down the garden and in the woods!  He's almost playing with a ball too - almost, as he's still a bit unsure what to do with it when he's run after it. :lol:  I hesitate to say he's housetrained as with fosters, the minute you say this there's an 'accident' - but my mop has had a rest for quite a while now. ;)  He is a sweetheart. :luv: