Author Topic: Parker at Many Tears  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Parker at Many Tears
« on: February 21, 2013, 09:02:11 PM »

:luv: :luv: :luv:

21-02-13 Parker is a 4 year old male Cocker Spaniel. He is a fairly laid back fellow for an ex-stud. He is starting to understand what a lead is and how to walk on it but he is a complete beginner.  He will need careful feeding to build him up as well as lots of TLC.  Sadly he has what we suspect is a tumour on his left lef. Our vet will assess this to see if there is any action that can be taken in due course.
PLEASE NOTE: We nearly always home dogs who have come from breeders where there is ALREADY A RESIDENT DOG living in the house. They have usually never lived in a house before and are only used to canine company. They usually get their confidence and learn faster with another dog to copy from. This also helps with house training and learning how to walk on a lead. They will make lovely pets but do need a lot of love, time and patience. If the ex breeding dog you are interested in can be an only dog it will say so in its write up. Please read our information on ADOPTING EX-BREEDING DOGS before you apply.
ADOPTION DETAILS
The adoption fee for a dog is £170 for a dog at the centre and £180 for one in foster. If your application is successful you will be home checked and you, all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the dog you want to adopt. All our dogs are micro-chipped, have had at least their first inoculation and are spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
Re: Parker at Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:27:18 PM »
Awww Parker you look a distinguished fellow....good luck finding your forever home handsome boy  :luv:

Offline jasper_boy

• Jacob's Den
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 07:36:50 PM »
I am really taken by this boy but its not the right time  >:(

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:17:24 PM »
Hope his leg is alright and he soon finds a wonderful home.

Offline MidwifeTori

• Hudson
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 09:14:19 AM »
I am really taken by this boy but its not the right time  >:(
Ah I'm sure the right time will come - he is stunning though x

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 08:36:33 PM »

27-02-13 UPDATE
.....I was able to spend some time with Parker at the Centre and what a handsome chap he is.  He is fairly confident for an ex-stud dog and came straight over the say hello.  When I crouched down he gently put his front feet on my knee and gave me the very best sort of doggy hug as he relaxed against my leg enjoying the fuss. He is currently sharing with a noisy little dog but he was completely calm really happy to have some attention and when I stood up to go he stared longingly in to my eyes as if to say “please stay a while longer”.
.....He will need to learn about living in a house but I am sure he is so desperate to please he will pick up things like house training fairly quickly with a lovely resident dog to copy. Who can resist Parker's lovely eyes, go on fill in his application form. He has been castrated recently and the vet heard a grade 3 out of 6 heart murmur but is not on medication for this but it something his adopter needs to be aware of.  The vet also says the lump on Parker's side appears to be just a fatty lump and therefore likely benign however it will need monitoring.

12/3/13
.Parker has been in foster for only a few days yet he has settled in as if he had always lived here. Parker is very people orientated and will do anything to be allowed to come with me when I go out in the car. He walks perfectly on the lead and is good with both male and female dogs. He is quite happy to sleep in his own bed or share with the other dogs in the house.
.....Parker adores his walks and is a typical lively spaniel exploring the world with his nose. He has not mastered the stairs yet but is happy to jump in to and out of the car. If taken out side regularly he is clean in the house and none destructive. Parker is about the right weight but he does need to develop some muscle tone which will come with exercise, he may have a moderate heart murmur but with the right diet and exercise he will be as happy and active as any other dog his age.
.....Parker has lived in kennels all his life and if you know anything about cocker spaniels they love human interaction so he is trying to make up for lost time, please don’t leave him waiting too long for his forever home, complete Parkers application form and come and fall under his spell by staring in to his deep loving eyes.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »
Awwww he is just gorgeous  :luv:good luck handsome gent  :-*

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 12:58:08 PM »
23/3/13 update

I am stunned Parker is still with me, everyone who meets him falls in love and says “he won’t be waiting for a home long” Yet wait he still does, so I want to see if I can find the barriers. His fatty lump is between his back legs and hardly noticeable, in fact I had to ring Many Tears to ask where it was. The test have shown it is a fatty lump and obviously it is not unsightly nor does it cause any problems. As you can see from the photos Parker is now as fit and active as the other dogs, he has developed good muscle tone and loves to run and play, so his heart is not stopping him behaving as any other young happy dog and he is not on any medication of specials diet. Keeping Parker a sensible weight and active will help keep his heart healthy too. Because Parker loves people and gives the very best cuddles I am happy for him to be an only dog as long as he is not left alone to much at home, he enjoys trips out in the car and would follow his person to the ends of the earth and back. Parker can be left for reasonable periods of time and is calm and non destructive but if he was left regularly in his forever home I think he would be happier with another doggy friend although he is more people focused. This boy walks perfectly on the lead and is good off lead recalling to both his name and the whistle. So if you love cocker spaniels please don’t over look little Peter Parker and fill in his application today.

Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline williamsmum

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 02:59:33 PM »
Aw, he is gorgeous!  :luv: Wish I was in the UK.....

Offline montydavies

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 05:48:11 PM »
Aw, he is gorgeous!  :luv: Wish I was in the UK.....

Me too! I think Monty would love a friend!

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 07:26:51 PM »
He's such a gorgeous chap. And what a cheeky little face he has :luv:  :005:

Fingers all crossed Parker. You are a heart melter  :luv:

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 10:19:44 PM »
What's the latest news on Parker? He seems to have disappeared off the Many Tears web site both for available dogs and reserved ones. I hope he's got the forever home he so thoroughly deserves. I'd have loved to have had him.