Author Topic: Puppy focussed on one family member  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Lou_77

Puppy focussed on one family member
« on: September 09, 2020, 08:32:19 PM »
Hi all,

We brought home our new girl a few weeks ago and generally, she has been a dream - almost perfect on housetraining and has settled in the house with hardly any issues. She is wonderfully affectionate and is even getting on with the cat.

We have one issue - she has become very focussed on me. For example, she'll follow me around or get stressed if I put my legs up out of sight on the sofa.  If she wants my attention and I ignore, it turns into a little bit of biting/snapping/growling. Lovely husband will try to distract but I generally have to remove myself from her - he described it as "she only sees you..." 

We have been careful to share all puppy duties so she is fed, toileted, played with by everyone in the family. 

Has anyone else dealt with this type of behaviour? Any ideas or tips to help manage it?

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: Puppy focussed on one family member
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 08:54:40 AM »
Hi,

Congratulations on your new addition  :luv:.  Are you at home more during the day?
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Lou_77

Re: Puppy focussed on one family member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 07:59:45 PM »
Hi, nope, we are both home at the moment but I tend to have to disappear more for online meetings etc. Strangely, she's fine when I'm out of sight (e.g. door closed or upstairs) but when I'm around, she can be a monster!