Author Topic: Poorly cocker - Update  (Read 17299 times)

Offline helshaw

• Site Member
Poorly cocker - Update
« on: January 27, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
I so wish our dogs could talk. Buster who is 8 was sick at 6 o'clock this morning. Out of the 2 cockers we have he is a typical greedy spaniel but he didn't want his breakfast so I knew something was wrong. He has been lethargic all day, tried to give him a treat this afternoon but he didn't want it. My sister called this afternoon & didn't get the usual cocker greeting, he barked to say hello, sniffed her then went away, there was no manic jumping all over her and the usual 5 mins of not leaving her alone. At tea time he usually lays underneath the table until he senses that we have nearly finished then parks himself by your side wondering if he will get any leftovers. Tonight he just laid in his bed which is still in the dining room but he never even lifted his head. We tried to give him his tea but he didn't want that. Am getting worried but if no better in the morning will definitely ring the vets.   :'(

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Re: Poorly cocker
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:11:59 PM »
Poor Buster, hope he feels better very soon.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »
I hope he's better in the morning - if not I would be at the vets too :bigarmhug:
helen & jarvis x

Offline williamsmum

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 07:49:08 PM »
Absolutely! It is always a worry when dogs go off their food, especially cockers, who are usually canine hoovers. Hope he is better soon.

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 07:50:52 PM »
I hope he's better in the morning - if not I would be at the vets too :bigarmhug:
Me too  :D mine have had more than their fair share of tummy trouble this winter  :-\

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 08:04:03 PM »
What a worry for you. It's horrible when they're not themselves (especially when they're greedy blighters) and you know it but can't do anything about it  :huh:

Hope he perks up tomorrow and that it's just a minor blip (((Buster)))

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 08:09:19 PM »
Oh I know how you feel...I got a couple of poorly girls here too. Erin was sick on Friday night then refused breakfast yesterday (never been known before) she then brought up lots of bile and passing runny poos which were also mucusy and blood streaked. I contacted vet who advised bland diet as she has had similar problems in the past but if she was sick again to take her in. Erin had no more sickness but is still got a runny bum but thankfully no blood. Then this morning we got up to a few runny presents on the floor...blamed Erin but nope it is Tilly....she too has the scoots. Must be a bug they both got but I am getting fed ip of poo inspections today lol

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »
Poor Buster  :'(
Hope he is feeling better very, very soon  :bigarmhug:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 08:50:24 PM »
Hope he feels better tomorrow.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline helshaw

• Site Member
Re: Poorly cocker - Update
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 10:41:54 PM »
Busters really not well. About 9 tonight I looked at his gums & they were really pale, decided I couldn't wait until tomorrow so phoned the emergency vets. We took him down & the vet has kept him in to put him on a drip & do some blood tests. He said he might also have to do some xrays. Don't think I'll get much sleep tonight, neither will poor Ollie who adores his big brother.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 10:47:41 PM »
Oh dear - poor Buster; what a worry for you. I hope it's nothing serious and he's better by morning.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 10:49:42 PM »
So sorry to hear Buster is ill and has been kept in, it is the worst feeling in the world not to have them with you :bigarmhug:. He will be getting well cared for. Really hope he has a good night and is feeling better in the morning.

I had the same thing happen with Brodie and in the end it turned out to be pancreatitis. It is such a worry waiting for the test results and x-rays to come back. Fingers crossed here the tests all come back clear and he is soon back with you and Ollie :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 10:53:28 PM »
Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear Buster has had to go to hospital. Sending lots of hugs and healing thoughts for him. Really hope you manage to get some sleep and that he is feeling better in the morning.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »
Poor little chap ...lots of get well wishes being sent from all of us here  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

what a good mum you are to not ignore your instinct & get him seen sooner  :luv:
Really hope you have good news by morning & that he's soon back home with you all & Ollie  :-*
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 11:03:37 PM »
Well done for getting him to the vet tonight.  Hope he is feeling much better in the morning, poor lamb.  :luv:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv: