Author Topic: Skin Problems  (Read 632 times)

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
Skin Problems
« on: June 29, 2005, 03:27:15 PM »
For a while now Jurra has had a couple of patches on her that look a bit scabby, on her back, and also on her tummy and back legs.  We've been to vets a  couple of times
- first time we had some fungaside type of cream, which didn't seem to do much
they also checked under uv for worms
- second time they took a scrapping to check for mange - nothing
- this time shes been in all day, and they have taken some scrappings for slides, and found nothing

We have to pick her up in a little while, and they'll probably send some samples of for more tests, she doesn't seem particularly itchy, and she has been frontlined.

At a bit of a loss to know what it is? any ideas? :(
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino

Offline Jo & Dennis

• Site Member
Skin Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 03:34:29 PM »
Sorry no ideas but do hope that all is well soon. x
Holly's Mum & Dad

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Skin Problems
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 03:45:13 PM »
Have you considered her diet. It could be a gluten intolerance or something like that. Have you altered her diet or anything recently?

I'm sure someone will be along who can offer you more advice.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
Skin Problems
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 03:26:46 PM »
hadn't thought about diet must admit, the vets have sent some samples off to grow to see if its fungle. but have two wait couple of weeks for that,in meantime we have some shampoo which we have to put on her and then leave for 10 mins !! :P  won't that be fun, how do you keep a wet cocker covered in lather still for 10 mins :lol:

she survived her day at the vets ok, but bless had to laugh when we picked her up, the nurse brought her out, and she had tail down, head down,looking very sorry for herself, steve was calling her but no response, so he puts his hand down to her and she nervously comes over, no recognition what so ever, then she sniffs and it was like a little light bulb coming on, she starts wagging tail furioulsy, rubbing against him and licking his hand.  so sweet. :P
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino

Offline PennyB

Skin Problems
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 06:17:13 PM »
we have some shampoo which we have to put on her and then leave for 10 mins !! :P  won't that be fun, how do you keep a wet cocker covered in lather still for 10 mins :lol:
[snapback]134543[/snapback]

I've become an expert at that one. I tend to lather Wilf where I need to then pull him out the bath put him on his lead and go and sit in the sitting room. He just tends to stand on the end of his lead there looking pathetic for 10 min.

Wilf had something similar but skin problems are quite difficult to diagnose sometimes (my vet put it down to a dermatitis especially as he's a blue roan so where he is whitish he went pink on his belly and under his armpits). The malasseb sorted it out. I also gave him garlic and increased the dose of evening primrose oil as well (about 2000-3000mg per day)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!