Author Topic: Buddy...Well, to be frank, he smells awful!  (Read 6251 times)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Re: Buddy...Well, to be frank, he smells awful!
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2006, 12:29:17 AM »
Indie dosn't ever really whiff, but Ham often does. Penel do you think it could be drug-induced? He's fed on naturediet same as Indie.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Penel

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2006, 10:52:33 AM »
Indie dosn't ever really whiff, but Ham often does. Penel do you think it could be drug-induced? He's fed on naturediet same as Indie.

with Ham yes definitely.  Saffy had "that" smell about her, and when she relapsed the smell was different again.  Everyone on the group whose dogs are on pred and Aza notice "that" smell - very hard to describe isn't it - but I know what you mean.  How is he doing on the combination of drugs now Shona ?

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2006, 07:32:43 PM »
Well, after posting that the smell was coming back again, I can now report  :D that it hasn't got any worse! :D

It's still there but nowhere near as overpowering as it was before. It has been cooler yesterday and today, but even on Sarutday when it was very hot we were able to stroke him without holding our noses.

I had already started the tomato paste before reading Penel's post about using it with caution, but am only giving a very small teaspoon-full in each meal.

Of course he has had one treatment with Malaseb, but other than that and the tomato paste we have changed nothing. So it looks like one or both of them has started to work. So I guess we keep on with both of them until the smell goes completely then drop one of them and see if the smell comes back.

Thanks so much for your support. You can now relax knowing that we won't pong you out on the next COL meet!

I'll be back if it comes back with avengence!

Edited to add: I don't bl**dy well believe it!!!! You'll never guess what's wafting up from between my feet now. :o

What's that about? Minutes ago he was here and not smelling all that bad, now he's a right stonky git again. :huh:

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2006, 08:08:08 PM »

with Ham yes definitely.  Saffy had "that" smell about her, and when she relapsed the smell was different again.  Everyone on the group whose dogs are on pred and Aza notice "that" smell - very hard to describe isn't it - but I know what you mean.  How is he doing on the combination of drugs now Shona ?

He's doing really well, thanks. His enrgy  levels are back up, his platelets were up the last time they checked, he needs them done again soon - he's gnerally much better. I didn't realise quite how ill he was this most recent time, until he was btter again.

Odd about that smell, Hamish certainly does whiff a bit. :005:
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline KarIng

• Site Member
  • I'm comfy and I'm not budging!
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2006, 11:05:58 PM »

Edited to add: I don't bl**dy well believe it!!!! You'll never guess what's wafting up from between my feet now. :o

What's that about? Minutes ago he was here and not smelling all that bad, now he's a right stonky git again. :huh:

Hi Annette,
so how's he smelling now?  I was just getting really excited, about to book an appointment with the vet! and hope for Masalab (sp?) too!!

Teddy smells appalling today, sometimes it seems as if it's maybe worse when he's been out and running, like he's sweating or something ... is it the same with Buddy, do you think?

Karen and Teddy x
Karen and Teddy