Author Topic: My poor boys  (Read 3122 times)

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Re: My poor boys
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2006, 11:14:35 PM »
Its Jersey as in New Jersey Denise, not the other one :005:

The boys are fine. Dallas is quite bright but poor Disney doesn't know what day of the week it is :005: The vet said it all went well but they will be very bruised (they are walking a bit like John Wayne) so have smothered them in Arnica cream. We have to do a test (think Rebecca Loos and a pig!!) in 4 weeks to make sure the op was successful. I'm not sure I can put my boys through the indignity ph34r

I'll make a separate post in Behaviour for Vegas' behaviourist visit

Sorry Gill :D read this after a few glasses of wine with friends!! big mistake biggest hoot we have ever had!  thinking "rude" names for cocker spaniels top shelf mags :lol: :lol:  I am sure Colin has got a vid that would do the trick...............

Michelle

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 09:53:10 AM »
How are they today, Gill?

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 10:23:27 AM »
Michelle, get your mind out of the gutter :lol: :lol:

We had a very disturbed sleep last night. Their bits look so sore - if I was a man I'd be wincing ;) I woke up at about 4am to find Disney sitting on the floor staring at me and he stayed that way for at least half an hour so I got up and brought him back on to the bed. He eventually settled but kept whimpering every so often. The pair of them are better this morning walking wise but they are both still wimpering a fair bit. They can get some pain relief in a couple of hours so hopefully that will settle them
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Claire

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2006, 11:16:36 AM »
Oh whimpering, ahh bless.  Hope it gets a bit less sore soon. :luv:

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 12:49:12 PM »
Awww bless them  :luv: hope it's not to long before the boys are feeling better.
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline redmal

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 01:04:59 PM »
Sorry Im not following this - is there a reason they had a vasectomy rather than a castration? Also, do you know how it will affect them? (Sorry if you have already gone into this elsewhere - Ive never come across a vasectomised dog before. Now its common for ferrets - but thats another story :D)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 01:39:20 PM »
Sorry Im not following this - is there a reason they had a vasectomy rather than a castration? Also, do you know how it will affect them? (Sorry if you have already gone into this elsewhere - Ive never come across a vasectomised dog before. Now its common for ferrets - but thats another story :D)

I don't want to have them castrated if at all possible and we have a little bitch pup joining the family and I would like to show her so she won't be spayed. When she is in season, the plan is to have someone look after her for the middle week and for her to stay here for the other 2 weeks. Obviously it won't have any effect on hormones so those two boys may still want to have their wicked way with her (but then again, so might my neutered boy who is prone to humping his toy monkey ;)) but at least if they do get to her, we won't have any accidents. Having never had a bitch before, the first season will be very much a learning curve for all of us and our plan may need to be tweaked a little - we will just have to wait and see how we get on ;) The vet who performed the surgery said that it shouldn't affect them in any way but he got that from a textbook as he has never performed it before

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 04:55:58 PM »
Bless - hope they're feeling better now. I know how my hubby was when he was done  ph34r  ph34r
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline redmal

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 02:59:19 PM »
[

I don't want to have them castrated if at all possible and we have a little bitch pup joining the family and I would like to show her so she won't be spayed. When she is in season, the plan is to have someone look after her for the middle week and for her to stay here for the other 2 weeks. Obviously it won't have any effect on hormones so those two boys may still want to have their wicked way with her (but then again, so might my neutered boy who is prone to humping his toy monkey ;)) but at least if they do get to her, we won't have any accidents. Having never had a bitch before, the first season will be very much a learning curve for all of us and our plan may need to be tweaked a little - we will just have to wait and see how we get on ;) The vet who performed the surgery said that it shouldn't affect them in any way but he got that from a textbook as he has never performed it before

Ahh!! NOW I understand!! :shades: We have an entire dog & bitch too, we find they are OK for about 6 or 7 days,  when she is in season, but they are separated for the next 10-12 days. She will not stand for the dog brfore about 9 days & is unwilling after about 14, at least so far!! but we dont want to chance it. She used to go to my daughter but this time she had to go into the kennel in the garden. We only use it normally to dry them off for an hour after their walks, so she was NOT HAPPY!! But it was OKish.  At least youve thought about what youll do - somebody who works with my husband just got a brother & sister lab. They only meant to get the boy, but she was SO CUTE, & they played together lovely!! AAAGGGHHH!!! >:D >:D When OH asked what theyll do when she comes into season they were stunned - never thought about it!!

Offline redmal

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2006, 02:59:59 PM »
PS Forgot to say - hope the boys are feeling better, and good luck with the little lady!! :luv:

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2006, 07:45:50 AM »
are they back to normal now Gill?  ph34r
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2006, 07:49:23 AM »
are they back to normal now Gill?  ph34r

Yes they are thanks ;) I'm now just dreading Monday as thats when we need to try and get Dallas's stitches out ph34r

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2006, 10:15:27 AM »
Just caught up with this Gill.  Glad the boys are now recovering ;)

Cocker number 5 eh? :o :005: Love the name Jersey and can't wait to see some pics :shades:
Mary & Lottie x