Author Topic: Swallowed a cocktail stick - help!!  (Read 20798 times)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
Re: Swallowed a cocktail stick - help!!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 11:17:47 PM »
i REALLY would keep an eye on him (as im sure you are doing ) i hope it passes thru but be prepared to rush him to the vets at the first sign of any pain, cocktail sticks are lethal, did you speak to the actual vet , if he hasnt been for a poop i woldnt give him anymore food, and would keep a close eye on him , hope it all comes out ok  ;) :blink:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 11:42:55 AM »
Only just seen this, really hope he's ok... if it helps at all Trev ate LOADS of really dodgy stuff and aside the incident with the whole packet of Nurofen and another with a rotten rabbit head ::) He never suffered any ill effects. The funniest was probably a meter and a half of gold tinsel... I got OH to help him expel that when the first end appeared, it was still gold too! :P ::) ::)  :005:

It may and up being digested and expelled without you knowing about it too as although sharp when in new form, they are soft wood and may break down... he probably crunched it a bit too? Don't forget they can digest raw bones so it's got to be a pretty hostile environment in there.. Keeping everything crossed.

Hannah xxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 04:17:08 PM »
Oh dear, hope the stick appears soon to put your mind at rest x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Roslyn McConnell

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »
How is he???

This thread worried me soooooo much because my dog died from 'eating something sharp', he had to have an operation to repair the damage but died days after it, but it was obvious he was in pain from the start which the vet thought was something to do with his pancreas at first, but ur dog sounds as tho he will be fine! If it was going to be a problem u would know by now!

The scary thing was that Dill was never one for picking things up and I had been with him ALL day before it and didn't see him eat anything he shoudnt have, the vet didnt find anything other than the damage to his bowl when they operated so we have no idea what it was.

He was only ten and in fantastic health and it breaks my heart still that he died in such a stupid and painfull way.

Im glad ur doggie is ok tho, I wouldnt want anyone to see their dog in that much pain ever.

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 06:11:19 PM »
Hi
Alfie is perfectly fine still, thanks, so fingers crossed, it has passed through him by now - havent found anything, but then I havent been looking that carefully!

Im sure he would be showing signs now if anything was wrong. He has been chasing through the woods at full pelt this morning, and seems in very good spirits.

Hannah, thanks for your message about digesting bones  - it really reassured me - I hadnt thought of that - Purdey is wolfing down a chicken wing now and she doesnt crunch it up that small, so those digestive systems must be pretty tough. And knowing that a dog can digest a yard of tinsel is just incredible! I have a very odd mental image of that one!

So sorry to hear about Dill, Roslyn, that sounds horrible and must be very upsetting for you still.

Anyway, fingers crossed all is well here. Thanks for all your support!

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline silly milly

• Donator
  • silly milly
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 04:45:28 PM »
good news!   now keep away from those cocktail sticks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
with lots of love from silly milly and her mum!!!!