Author Topic: Very sad news from the vet - UPDATE  (Read 20579 times)

Offline Smudgesmum

• Site Member
  • mum to Oliver,9 and Smudge,4
Re: Very sad news from the vet
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 08:47:40 AM »
Hi enelya...so very very sorry to read this. I can only repeat what others have said and I know the pain you are feeling. Poor wee Maddox, only 3, its terrible. I lost my beloved Deefer to cancer and he was only 6 and I still shed a few tears when I think about it. We had 3 weeks of not knowing what was wrong with him and hoping the vet could sort him out but sadly the extent of the cancer was not totally diagnosed until after he was pts to release him from his suffering .
I managed about 3 months without a cocker friend and then heard of a litter in Dewsbury where I found my beloved Smudge who fills my life with love but I still miss my Deefer.My heart goes out to you and Maddox. just love him while you can    :luv:.... Liz

jarbaha

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 08:50:45 AM »
aww sweetheart..its awful  :'(
i thinks its easy for vets..as they are removed from the situation..as its not their beloved dog..but also sometimes vets have to say it in a way that we take note..and i don't mean that in a bad way..i know i swiched off after the vet said my jarvis has kidney faliure..i even questioned my vet had got the results mixed up..as he was too young to leave me...this is all part of the greving process..

just spoil maddox and enjoy every second you have with your precious baby  :luv:

and i hope you find the inner strentgh to get you through the next few days..

i know i had selfish thoughts..about the vet had got it so wrong..but its needs to take a while to sink in..its a huge shock..especially when they are so young...

as i said..you will be in my thoughts..and prayers...

and if i could take your pain and heartache for you i would  :'( ..as i know what it feels like..i only wish i could...

thinking of you at the awful time..
but you also have to do right by your beautiful maddox  :'(

loving thoughts and prayers speeding to you all  :-*
love terri  :'(
x

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 08:59:25 AM »
So sorry to hear such sad news. Enjoy the time you have left with your baby :-* :-*
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline gabbycocker

• Donator
  • Gorgeous Gabby
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 09:18:38 AM »
So so sorry to hear your news. I hope you have the most enjoyable 48 hours.

Thinking about you at this time xxxxxxxx
Kerry & Gabby xxxxxx

"My little dog---a heartbeat at my feet." - Edith Wharton

Offline maemaesmummy

• Mummy to Amber
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 09:19:24 AM »
so so sad and words cannot begin to say... ... I lost my darling cassie last november, within the space of 24 hours she went from a normal, healthy cocker running around like a loon  to the vet telling me that she wouldnt last the night and the kindest thing would be to pts.

Im crying just thinking of you having to go through this xxxxx
Cassie Run Free Sweetie... I Miss You xxx

Offline Cocoa

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 09:21:31 AM »
Hi Enelya, I am so sorry to hear about poor Maddox, words fail me but we are all thinking of you at this sad time. 

I lost my last cocker, Lucy, to anal gland cancer at 9 years of age.  She had the tumour removed 15 months before and it enabled us to have more time with her but it returned and she finally went downhill very quickly, unable to go the the toilet properly and continually trying to squat.  Like you we were told that the best thing for her was to have her PTS but they couldn't do this until the weekend.  Those last couple of days with Lucy for me were clouded as the weekend approached.  I wish now that I had enjoyed and focussed more on Lucy those last couple of days and not dwelt so much on what was going to happen at the weekend but it is very hard not to but I am so glad I was able to be with her at the very end.  Please enjoy Maddox these next few days (which you clearly are going to do) and try not to think ahead too much and when the time comes it will be the most selfless act that you can do for your baby to free him from further pain and suffering.  My heart goes out to you.

Jackie X

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 09:27:32 AM »

I am so sorry to read your sad news.
 :'(

Try and create as many happy memories as you can in the time you have left together.   :luv:

Thinking of you and Maddox.
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »
Heartbreaking.
 Like Jeeves said, ask the vet and nurse to come out to your house. I did with my old lab . She was in her bed at the back door, lovely smells , birdsong and relaxed. Despite my loss, i knew I was doing her a favour and there was no trauma, just three of with tears and respect. Be strong.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2009, 09:30:36 AM »
What tragic news...am soooo very sorry for you (((HUGS)))  :'( ..thinking of you x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2009, 09:32:44 AM »
So sorry to hear your sad news - know that nothing I can say will make it any easier, but I do know how your feel and it is absolutely heartbreaking. 

Will be thinking of you at this very sad time.

Karen, Misha & Roly
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2009, 09:38:35 AM »
so sorry to hear your very sad news :'(

thinking of you  :'(

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009, 09:43:26 AM »
So very sorry to read this sad news. Hope you enjoy your last couple of days together and create some happy memories. And I agree with what others have said about getting the vet to come to the house.

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Tattydi

• Always in my heart Max RIP 21.01.09
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 09:45:35 AM »
I will try and type through my tears as I lost my 13 year old cocker to liver failure (not sure if it was cancer they seem to think it was) on the 21st January and all I can say is enjoy you last few days giving lots of cuddles and kisses dont miss a moment.  I still find him hard to talk about, we have his ashes on the mantle piece with a picture and a little cuddly lion ( he looked like a little lion)  Yesterday i found some old photos of him and ive cried and cried.  

I know my Max was older than your little one but i had only had him for half his life time as he was a rescue dog.

My heart goes out to you and there is nothing i can say to make it any easier.  If you want to talk pm me your number and i will ring you.  

I dont agree about having him pts at the house its not the last memory you want of your doggie in your house only good memories.  I had wanted this but im so glad i didnt as i only see him alive in the house not as i left him at the vets.
Love Diane x

missing my cocker kisses and cuddles :(

Offline seaangler

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2009, 09:49:04 AM »
I to am sorry to hear the news..Only just seen this posting....(to busy seeing how pepper is doing)It must be absolutely heartbreaking for you after three years..There nothing that i can say that has alredy been said to make you feel any better....But my thoughts alone [hugs] stay strong....Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009, 09:49:48 AM »
I can not even begin to imagine what you are going through, thinking of you all at this tragic time.  

Linz, Murphy & Maddi x