Author Topic: Morgan has a lump...Updated - Thank you  (Read 22080 times)

Offline BabyB

Morgan has a lump...Updated - Thank you
« on: October 13, 2009, 10:49:33 PM »
and it's in his testicle.

My Dad noticed it at the weekend (but didn't mention anything so as not to worry me).  Both Morgan and Dylan went for their boosters this evening with our usual vet, Tom.  It was then that my Dad mentioned it.

As Dad baths Morgan every two weeks (or sooner (because of his Pyoderma)) it wasn't like it a few weeks ago.  And to be honest, I had a feel on Sunday (I like to check as he can't himself IYKWIM) and I didn't notice it then.  But it's def. there.

He's been on a diet too (was 16kg a year ago and is now 14.4kg) and his waist looks 'pinched' as Tom called it.

Anyway, he's in this Thursday to have his whole scrotum removed (to ensure everything is taken, just in case) and then we have to wait for his biopsy results to come back to tell us what it is.  Tom said that he's 80% sure it's benign, and that the estrogen (sp?) is making him keep his weight off.

He didn't have it when he had a chest x-ray for a cough in May, so Tom said it's been caught early.

Sorry for the rambling, but I'm worried (he and Dyl are 11yrs and this time last year Dylie had a benign tumour in his anal gland removed along with castration) so now I'm stressed.

Morgy porgy is my baby  :luv:
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
Re: Morgan has a lump...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:23:08 PM »
I'm so sorry you're facing this. Your stress is natural, I would be feeling like that too. Fingers crossed that it all turns out well for your Morgan. Whatever it is, it sounds as though it's been spotted really early, so that's good.

I think you need a  :bigarmhug: so here's one from me and my Morgan (who also gets called Morgy Porgy just like yours)

Try not to worry, your vet sounds really positive.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline luckypenny

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:59:20 AM »
Fingers crossed - as ElaineH says - it sounds as it you have found it very early so that is good.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 09:04:59 AM »
Good luck for Morgan tomorrow  :-*

Like the others have said, it's very positive that it's been found so early and that your vet is 80% certain that it's benign, so try not to worry too much (easier said than done, I know).

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 09:24:14 AM »
Get well soon Morgy Porgy  love from Bonnie Boo :luv:
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 09:49:22 AM »
HUGE hugs... hope everything goes well tomoz. It's been caught early so there is every chance that even if it is dodgy that castration will solve it. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of you  :-* :-* :-*

Hannah xxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline SandraD

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 12:14:30 PM »
Thinking positive thoughts for your wee boy, hope the op goes well.

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 04:16:17 PM »
Hope all goes well for Morgan and the lump is benign.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 04:30:03 PM »
So sorry to read this about Morgy Porgy  :'(   I hope that the op goes well tomorrow and he is back home with you asap.  :luv:  Try to stay positive, and its good that  your Vet sounds quite optimistic that it is benign.  I will be hoping for the best possible outcome for Morgan.  :luv: :-*

Sending you loads of positive thoughts.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 04:38:18 PM »
Hoping his surgery goes well and the lump is benign. :luv:
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 07:04:24 PM »
Good luck with it all...........praying that all will go well, it is such a stressful time.  Sending lots of hugs. xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline BabyB

Re: Morgan has a lump...Updated
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 08:46:39 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words and wishes for Morgan  ;)

He had some blood tests done prior to his operation and they came back not too good  :'( He was anaemic and his kidney function was not great  :o

After having a scan on his abdomen that showed a mass, he's had his spleen removed as he had a tumour the size of a golf ball, as well as the scrotum removed because of the tumour for which he went in for originally  :'( :'(

So now he's home and we have to wait for the two biopsy results.  He ate some fish as well as some carrots from some braising steak my mum had made, and didn't really come up for air until it was all gone, bless him :luv:  He then slept on my legs with a pillow on top of my feet for his little head  :luv:

My dad  :luv: called me this morning to say he'd had a good night (my dad slept on the sofa (he's 64)) and he's had his tablet this morning and now gone in his basket for a sleep.

Once we know more, I'll post again.

Tom said he was one lucky boy as the tumour in his spleen is not normally found until it's too late when the tumour erupts and they bleed to death.  His tumour was all intact and not ruptured.

Keep praying for my little Morgy Porgy  :luv:

Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 08:49:23 AM »
Thank you for the update BabyB.   I will be hoping and praying Morgy Porgy makes a full recovery.  :luv: :luv:  Thinking of you all at this worrying time.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 09:10:35 AM »
I'm pleased Morgan is back home and getting over his surgery  :D. Fingers crossed that the biopsy results are good and that removal of the masses has done the trick.

Thinking of you  :luv:

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 09:12:25 AM »
Poor Morgan :'( sending him lots of love and positive thoughts :luv: hugs to you as well  :-* :luv: fingers crossed for good results from the tests ;)

Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum