Author Topic: will it go back to normal?  (Read 477 times)

Offline rubyrules

• 0ur beautiful bundle of fun, R.I.P 30/5/2019
will it go back to normal?
« on: December 09, 2009, 12:12:31 AM »
I think from looking on historical posts that Ruby may be having a phantom pregnancy  :huh: We all noticed she has gained weight but my main concern is the lower part of her tummy (the part where there is no fur) has become really saggy, it visibly looks as though there is a line separating both sides of it? her nipples are really swollen, but no sign of any milk. She is not hoarding any toys but definitely very grumpy and clingy. Her last season was October.
Can anyone tell me if any of their cockers have had a saggy tummy, if so has it gone back to normal?
Ruby our 1st cocker baby 10/5/2008 - 30/5/2019. You gave us so much, we are so lucky to have shared our lives with you. Run free sweet girl,  until we hold you again  xx

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: will it go back to normal?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:23:05 AM »
My last foster Cocker had a phantom pregnancy while she was here and her teats became very pink and enlarged and she did produce milk. I didn't really notice her becoming saggy as such although her undercarriage was a bit swollen. She also had a very swollen vulva and was peeing for Britain, it was very little but very often! She was a bit clingy, whiny and unsettled for a few weeks with it but she was fine by the time she went to her new home, the milk stopped, the swelling went down and her nipples had begun to decrease in size.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline smartietopdog

Re: will it go back to normal?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 06:44:47 AM »
Smartie has a phantom pregnancy every time she has a seaon. I can't say I've noticed a saggy tummy as such, but she does get very swollen down there, and her teats have never really shrunk right back down.
Smartie does go through a very bad phase with her "baby" squeaky welly, but we know it will be coming to an end after a few days of that.
I can't really say she's any more clingy than normal, as she doesn't leave my side at the best of times (oh, the days when I used to pee alone!! :005:)
Generally all symptoms are meant to go within 48 hours of giving birth, but I've never been sure at what point of the season you are meant to count days from.........................