Author Topic: Noah acting strange...  (Read 18281 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: Noah acting strange...
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 08:24:19 PM »
You must be beside yourself :'(  Hope the vets find the cause really soon and make Noah better xx
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 08:59:54 PM »
Really hope there is some good news soon for you. Have everything crossed for you here xxx
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 09:18:59 PM »
Really hope there is some good news soon for you. Have everything crossed for you here xxx

Ditto - everything crossed here too  :-\
Julie and Watson

Offline Canter3

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 10:03:46 PM »
Thanks so much for all of your lovely messages of support. We've just called the vets for an update. Apparently all the blood tests (liver, kidneys, white & red blood cells etc) came back as normal & he is MUCH better after being on saline & as the sedative has worn off he has stayed calm & is not 'manic' anymore. The vet said he'll be observed through the night & maybe offered some food later on. She said he's definitely had picked up something (a stimulant?) so we're still obsessing over what it could have been but fingers crossed he'll be ok to take home tomorrow, we're ringing at 8.30am for another update. It's so strange being here without him-no scampering little feet following me around & no wagging tail thumping against the wall as he waits for me to finish the washing up!!!!  :luv:
Noah-Bear and Lea X

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 10:20:05 PM »
Glad he is a bit better, hope you can get him home tomorrow. :luv:

It may be something that you never get to the bottom of, you just don't know what he could have picked up somewhere, if the vet thinks it was a stimulant, it could be anything. :P

Get well soon Noah. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 10:20:31 PM »
only just seen this.. :o  what a terrible worry for you.  :'(

sending loads of positive healing thoughts to Noah & really hope you have some good news very soon.  :luv:

Thinking of you :bigarmhug:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 10:25:24 PM »
How strange! Good job you acted so quickly and got him to the vets. Hope he continues to improve  :luv: :luv:

Millie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 10:41:20 PM »
Good news that all the bloods etc. have come back as normal, but what a worrying time for you. I think you did very well to act as quickly as you did in getting him to the vet earlier today.

Fingers crossed that he's much better tomorrow and back home with you.

Thinking of you  :luv:

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 10:43:14 PM »
Hope he's on the road to a full recovery, what a strange incident! It would be good if you can get to the bottom of what caused it.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Canter3

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 11:05:12 PM »
Hope he's on the road to a full recovery, what a strange incident! It would be good if you can get to the bottom of what caused it.

It has totally baffled us - I know I should feel relieved because his blood tests came back ok and the vet said he had improved massively but I am still stressed as to what may have exactly caused it!!  I am positive it would not have been anything inside the house - if he can't be supervised such as times when I am cleaning etc then he happily goes into his crate with a Kong.  There's just the two of us (adults) so nothing is ever left around for him to get hold of that he shouldn't.  If it's something from the walk this morning then again I am at a loss - we didn't go anywhere new and we have been around this particular walk quite a few times.  He was just on his extender lead so was always in view and we always watch him like hawks - we have been wracking our brains trying to think of something, anything, that it could have been but we're unable to come up with anything.  He was fine for about 2 hours after we had returned from the walk then just started with these bizarre symptoms.
Noah-Bear and Lea X

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2010, 11:11:41 PM »
Hope Noah's picked up in the morning. Can understand you worrying about what could've caused it - I'd be exactly the same...

Lots of hugs and sloppy cocker kisses coming from Maggie and hopefully he'll be back home with you tomorrow.
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2010, 11:13:11 PM »
So pleased Noah is a little bit better.  Hope he is back home with you tomorrow.  Please give him a hug from me and Ellie when you next see him.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2010, 07:55:41 AM »
I know I should feel relieved because his blood tests came back ok and the vet said he had improved massively but I am still stressed as to what may have exactly caused it!!

I don't think that is an unusual feeling......  I think as owners we always want answers!  So pleased Noah is heading in the right direction now xx
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2010, 08:04:52 AM »
So glad Noah has improved a bit - hope he is better this morning  ;)  I know how you feel, having been through the same thing last week with Coco  :-\  I am still not sure what caused her to be so poorly though I have a couple of ideas but it is awful to see them so out of sorts  :'( - if only they could tell us what's wrong  :-\  The house is just not the same without a norty cocker in it is it?  ::) :005:

Coco is now almost back to her norty and very noisy self so make the most of the peace and quiet until your little fella is back home with you again  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »
I'm glad he seems better, its awful not knowing whats made him ill but hopefully today they may be able to offer more of an explanation.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.