Author Topic: URGENT - Updated. Bella's eaten a lot of chocolate  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Lucianne

Re: URGENT Bella's eaten a lot of chocolate
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 01:05:47 PM »
Bramble ate a 150g bar of Green and Black dark cooking choc yesterday - 71% cocoa....she also guzzled other assorted goodies from my daughter's cake decorating basket, including a pack of wafer flowers and some pink writing icing. The result of all this gluttony was.....nowt. She has a really strong constitution and was neither up nor down.

Poppy stole a load of chocolate earlier in the year and was exactly as you've described Bella to be. I called my vet and he said that it was a god thing she was bringing it up and to watch out for the shaking, as Nic has mentioned. He was really pretty relaxed about it, and I must say that, despite feeling sorry for herself all day, Poppy was fine the day after.

I'd like to say hope Bella's learned her lesson, but if she's anything like mine, that's highly unlikely  :005:

I think on balance, we could have carried on with the watch and wait position with her, as she was already vomiting and drinking loads. She's a weeny thing though (only 8kg, and she's a year old next week), and it was a huge amount of chocolate. I don't know whether this vet was being a bit over cautious (or with her eyes on the money?  ph34r ), given what other people have reported their vets to have said in similar situations. The vet scared me with what she said on the phone, so I thought it was best to be on the safe side. The vet did seem really thorough, and kept me very well informed.

Am  :o  :o at Bramble eating 150g of 71% G&B without ill effects! She must have the constitution of an ox!

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
Re: URGENT - Updated. Bella's eaten a lot of chocolate
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »
aww...so glad Bella is doing ok now :luv:

My black lab was the worst for nicking stuff.....she had my girls 2 advent calendars one year, followed by their calendars brought home from making at school....decorating with uncooked pasta shells sprayed silver..................not even a bottom burp! :005:

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 02:51:30 PM »
Aw love her she is soo lovely I want a cuddle :luv: But you know what us girls are like for our chocolate :005:  I am sooo glad she is ok, I would have done the same in your shoes, just to be on the safe side.

Offline jools

• Site Member
Re: URGENT Bella's eaten a lot of chocolate
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 03:20:24 PM »
Bramble ate a 150g bar of Green and Black dark cooking choc yesterday - 71% cocoa....she also guzzled other assorted goodies from my daughter's cake decorating basket, including a pack of wafer flowers and some pink writing icing. The result of all this gluttony was.....nowt. She has a really strong constitution and was neither up nor down.

Poppy stole a load of chocolate earlier in the year and was exactly as you've described Bella to be. I called my vet and he said that it was a god thing she was bringing it up and to watch out for the shaking, as Nic has mentioned. He was really pretty relaxed about it, and I must say that, despite feeling sorry for herself all day, Poppy was fine the day after.

I'd like to say hope Bella's learned her lesson, but if she's anything like mine, that's highly unlikely  :005:

I think on balance, we could have carried on with the watch and wait position with her, as she was already vomiting and drinking loads. She's a weeny thing though (only 8kg, and she's a year old next week), and it was a huge amount of chocolate. I don't know whether this vet was being a bit over cautious (or with her eyes on the money?  ph34r ), given what other people have reported their vets to have said in similar situations. The vet scared me with what she said on the phone, so I thought it was best to be on the safe side. The vet did seem really thorough, and kept me very well informed.

Am  :o  :o at Bramble eating 150g of 71% G&B without ill effects! She must have the constitution of an ox!

I'm glad she's Ok today....and I love her Uggs  :005: That was a huge vet bill  :o
Bramble HAS got the constitution of an Ox - you would be amazed at some of the things she's eaten - fish food is a particular fav of hers....and raw eggs....and tatties from the veg rack...she even took a bag of cat litter into her bed recently, but must have decided not to eat it.
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2010, 11:31:48 AM »
Just caught up with this, I'm glad Bella's home and hope she's feeling none the worse for wear again now, she's definitely working the Cocker eyes in the photo! :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/