Author Topic: Tali's eye update March 2011  (Read 601 times)

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
Tali's eye update March 2011
« on: March 10, 2011, 02:42:05 PM »
Tali has stopped responding to 7 and a half drops of Pilocarpine. I increased the dose til we hit 9 drops and he responded. The downside with this is that he is getting terribly noxious wind, I mean terrible and liquid diawotsits.

Evidently, anything over 7 and a half drops is toxic to him. He is also sleeping a hell of a lot too. The opthamologist said the drops need increasing from time to time as they build up a resistance to it. Maybe it's for the best. I'm uncomfortable giving these meds long term. I want to save his sight if possible, so continuous artificial tears and lacrilube are ok. Only trouble with that is, is that his right nostral gets dry and crusty and his nose gets blocked with general gunk.

My last resort is to go to a holistic vet to try acupuncture and/or homeopathy to try to heal and stimulate the lacrimal nerve.

Other than that, I keep praying every day it will, over time, heal.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: Tali's eye update March 2011
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »
The holistic approach may be of benefit Mel, I wonder if anyone on here has tried any form of it and what they thought?  Poor Tali, it's difficult enough him having to have meds without the side effects of the runs etc.  I do hope something out there will, if not cure him completely, help him reduce his meds.
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
Re: Tali's eye update March 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 07:56:24 PM »
Well I've got to drop the drops back to 7 and a half as the diawotsits and stuff is like an overdose. Maybe it might start again.

Still, I'll keep up his other stuff til I can get an appointment. As long as he is getting lubrication in his eyes, it will stop the eye going bad.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!