Author Topic: Albie in the wars again!!  (Read 321 times)

Offline redlottie

Albie in the wars again!!
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:49:42 AM »
Yesterday during our lovely Bank Holiday walk at a local nature reserve Albie managed to rip is skin open along his groin.  It was quite a deep nasty wound so we went off to the emergency vets for a clean and stitch up.  To say he is well miserable is an understatement - he absolutely detests is buster collar so I have ordered a comfy colalr on advise from here and going to try a tshirt / babygro over the wound and stitches.

He was quite upset overnight and in discomfort so I slept on the floor with him and managed to get him settled, OH is with him today and said he seems a bit brighter albeit trying to jump up on the sofa!!

Is there such a thing as an unlucky dog??  My other dog Otto has only ever been to the vets twice for an upset tummy in 2 years other than for his booster where as over the last few months Albie has been there constantly...

8 weeks ago he had to have a GA for an infection in his paw which had to be drained
Then 3 weeks ago he ate a mango stone and had a bad reaction to it and had to have a steroid injection
3 days after that he had a wasp sting and had a reaction to it
1 week after had an ear infection which he is still being treated for
and then yesterday this freak accident which ripped a gaping hole in is underside.

I dont mind how many times I have to take him to the vets as he is insured and obviously just want him to be well but it just seems that he is constantly in the wars.  He has just turned 1 and I am hoping starts to settle a bit...on a funny note it is quite cute that all the staff in the vets know him by name and even know who I am when I call up  :D

Offline c19unn

• Donator
Re: Albie in the wars again!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 12:54:38 PM »
 :005: I know that feeling - My vets know Diesel by name and i am also known as Diesel Mummy when i go in

Poor little man - Hope he will be all healed soon.
And i do believe there is such a thing as an unlucky dog/ puppy as i have one  :luv:
Although i do love him to bits
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 02:28:31 PM »
Actually with our pets we seem to go through unlucky fazes when you seem to live at the vets for a few months. We went through it with our cat when she was younger who got into all sorts of bother ( many  seemed to be smaller incidents that were just under the excess on the insurance!), Any way she seemed to get older and wiser...I am not so sure that that is going to happen with Pepper but we can but hope!I hope Albie feels better very soon and stays that way! ;)

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 05:57:42 PM »
Sorry to hear that Albie is in the wars again.

Hope he is better soon and that this is the last of his mishaps.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: and  :-*  :-* from Megan for Albie.

Love,

Gwyneth Colin and Megan  XXX
Remembering Our Sweet Megan