Author Topic: Car Sick  (Read 442 times)

Offline Neon

• Donator
Car Sick
« on: October 11, 2011, 10:08:05 PM »
Toby has still been getting car sick (in his crate in the back) so for the last few days, I've sat in the back with him on my lap, with him looking out of the window and he's been perfectly OK, even getting excited about getting in the car now, instead of dreading it.  Apart from being uncomfortable for me, supporting his head, it's not the safest way for him to travel.  He needs to sit on something that makes him high enough to be able to see out the window on his own (with his harness on).  Anyone got any ideas how I can lift him up?  I'm thinking of something like a child's booster seat but not sure if that will work.  (We have a saloon car).

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Car Sick
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 10:17:37 PM »
Not sure whether it would be big enough, how about
http://www.dogsandco.com/incar.html

Car booster seat, bottom of page.

you could try Phytopet Travel remedy (homeopathic) it's been very good for a number of our customers dogs  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
Oh thanks Jenny, the booster seat looks perfect.  Had no idea they made them for dogs.  Thanks so much. XX

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 07:19:34 AM »
Don't need one for my dogs as they travel well, but what a great idea! I used to have a travel-sick JRT and it would have been so good for him. Mind you, my car was full of small children at the time - might not have been room...

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 07:41:18 AM »
Oh thanks Jenny, the booster seat looks perfect.  Had no idea they made them for dogs.  Thanks so much. XX

If you give Melanie a ring, she will tell you whether it will be big enough for a cocker - she's very helpful  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 01:37:37 PM »
Don't need one for my dogs as they travel well, but what a great idea! I used to have a travel-sick JRT and it would have been so good for him. Mind you, my car was full of small children at the time - might not have been room...

It's amazing what a difference it made to Tobes by being able to look out of the window.  He didn't even salivate and enjoyed the journey.  He was having a good old look at everything.  These booster seats are a great idea.

If you give Melanie a ring, she will tell you whether it will be big enough for a cocker - she's very helpful  ;)

I will.  Thanks so much for the info.  Looks like just what we're looking for.