Author Topic: Looking for a cream to help with hard, calloused skin at tip of tail  (Read 317 times)

Offline Scottishkitkat

Hi there

When we first got Bailey just over a year ago he has chewed off the top of his tail ph34r. I presume this was a result of being left alone for 9 hours a day and from being pretty bored, scared and nervous. It was calloused and bled frequently. Anyway, at the advice of our vet, we put Aqueous cream on it for a few weeks and it stopped bleeding and the hair grew back, although his tail has always had a dead inch at the tip.

Anyway in this cold weather, or possibly due to there being a lot of salt on the road, it is bothering him and he has started to chew it again.

I could just go back to using the aqueous cream back on but I wondered if anyone had any better suggestions.

I don't think there is any hope for the bit on the end "coming back to life" again but if it wasn't itchy or calloused it would be good.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Looking for a cream to help with hard, calloused skin at tip of tail
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »
Bob Grass cream may well help

This is an ointment and is used with great effect in all cases of mange, eczema, rashes, inter-digital cysts, ringworm, sweet itch, bare patches or cuts and grazes. It has been used with great success on dogs, cats, horses, sheep and goats etc.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Scottishkitkat

Re: Looking for a cream to help with hard, calloused skin at tip of tail
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:41:56 PM »
Thanks

I'll look into it