Author Topic: Strange rash!  (Read 321 times)

Offline missmolly

• Site Member
Strange rash!
« on: April 01, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »
Hello again!
I was on recently saying my Molly was lethargic and ill. She had a load of tests and the vet diagnosed uterus infection and she's now on medication. But......I've noticed she keeps 'cleaning' herself excessivly! She's no longer on heat, but I noticed blood on her fur towards the back end. On further investigation, she has a strange, open wound type rash! It's below her bits. She's forever got her head down there!
Any ideas what this could be? Will it clear up with the anti biotics?
We're due at the vets in 6 days for another jab. I wonder whether to wait till then? She seems generally much improved though.

Offline DarceyTheDog

• Shutterbugs of shadwell
Re: Strange rash!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:07:26 PM »
Not a clue what it could be but try encouraging her not to lick it. I'd ring the vet in the morning just to see what they think.
Katie, Darcey and Mitsy

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 09:36:25 PM »
A year or so ago Maisie had an open type rash on her tummy towards her 'bits' :005: and on the inside of her back legs. It looked sore, and made her tummy and inside rear leg fur pink. She was licking it and it was obviously bothering her. The vet didn't give me definitive answer as to what it could be but gave her a steroid shot to alleviate the irritation (ie. help her leave it alone) to aid healing. It disappeared a few days after that so no wiser as to what it was but it hasn't come back.

I'd get the vet to take a look if I was you.

Offline missmolly

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 10:03:07 PM »
Hmmmm. Yep, I think so too. When the vet x rayed her, he shave her tummy, but not that far down!
I tell her to stop now when she starts licking, so she's gone off to the bedroom for some peace!