Author Topic: another poorly girl  (Read 6171 times)

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
another poorly girl
« on: June 09, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »
Millie has not been right all day  :'( 
I think she is in pain somewhere, but I can't quite pinpoint it - I think it's her shoulders. She's reluctant to move, though moved for her breakfast. She came up the stairs this morning, willingly, but weirdly, one at a time, where as usually she trots up them in quite a fluid movement. This was when I noticed it first.
I went to the hairdressers this morning and when I came back hubby had wrapped her in a blanket because he said she was shivering. I took her temp and it was 38, which is a little low but ok. She perked up a bit once she was warm.
She didn't want to go for walk, but ate her dinner.  She yelped when hubby was stroking her chest/shoulders. She was shaking when standing, and at one point doing a slight dreaded back arch, but this was when I was feeling her all over, and she was incredibly tense all over as I think she thought I was going to hurt her. She didn't arch a lot though, and she's in no way painful to touch her back / neck etc, it's definitely her front legs / shoulder area  :'(

I confess we have some rimadyl left over from Jennie's op earlier in the year, so I've given her some of that to see if it eases her discomfort - if not that it's probably a call to the vet in the morning.  She's sleeping at the minute, and willingly came outside earlier for a potter around the garden.

I wondered if anyone had a cocker with arthritis? As she has been 'lame' before now on a couple of occasions, however at the time I just thought she'd over done it on a walk as on both occasions we'd been on a longish walk and she had been a loony on both of them, but totally fine the next day. Given this latest incident though I'm wondering if there isn't something more to it, and given our experience at the beginning of the year I'm liable to all sorts of scary nightmares about it :-\
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline maddy74

Re: another poorly girl
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 12:22:29 AM »
Hi Kelly no advice im afraid but sending you all big hugs. xx
You have been a god send to me over this last week so if there is anything I can do plz contact me, you have my number xx

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 12:42:45 AM »
 :bigarmhug:'s Kelly - can imagine how worried you are about your girl.  I think I'd be inclined to get her to the vets anyway, even if it seems like the rimadyl has helped, just so you can put your own mind at rest by getting a diagnosis of whats wrong.
Hope she's having a quiet nite  :luv:  Sending gentle squidges from me and Maggie xx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline coopersmum

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 05:58:26 AM »
I think I'd be off to the vets too I'm afraid. I don't want to frighten you but  The first thing that springs to mind is a disc :( :( Dogs with disc problems in the neck usually present with pain as the predominant sign. Hopefully its something simple and easy to fix and nothing at all like a disc. Hope she's feeling much better this morning :)

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 06:42:55 AM »
No advice I'm afraid, just hoping she's feeling better soon. X

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 08:39:33 AM »
Poor Millie  :'( no advice I'm afraid but sending hugs to you both  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline Peony

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 09:02:02 AM »
Sorry to hear that Kelly. :( Sorry I don't have any advice, but I really hope she's feeling better soon.
Gemma & Gracie

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 09:23:30 AM »
I think I'd be off to the vets too I'm afraid. I don't want to frighten you but  The first thing that springs to mind is a disc :( :( Dogs with disc problems in the neck usually present with pain as the predominant sign. Hopefully its something simple and easy to fix and nothing at all like a disc. Hope she's feeling much better this morning :)

I know all about disc problems unfortunately, as thats what we had at the beginning of the year with Jennie.  This is not the same, though I know 2 dogs'  symptoms never would be.

She's the same this morning, though brighter in herself than yesterday, but we'll see what our vet has to say.

Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 09:26:25 AM »
Hope all goes well at the vets. :bigarmhug:

Just wanted to add that as she may have hurt her neck or back, I'd not let her go up and down stairs at the moment.  ;)

Hope that she's a lot better very soon :bigarmhug:
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »
Hope all is ok at the vets, Kelly x

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
Hope she is feeling brighter soon x

Could she have been stung?

Pat x

Offline coopersmum

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
Glad it doesn't look like a disc:) They're a jolly nightmare and having been through a disc rupture with my monster I think I've become a little neurotic about them ;) Hope she's back to normal soon and that its something simple and easily fixed :)

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 11:31:18 AM »
What a worry for you.  Hope Millie :luv: is feeling better soon.  Thinking of you both  :bigarmhug:
Janet & Poppy

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 11:52:13 AM »
Hope the vet visit went well and that your little girl is feeling  better soon.  :bigarmhug:

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 04:21:56 PM »
Hope its something easily treatable & Millie is back to full health very soon  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie