Author Topic: Season question?  (Read 950 times)

Offline DarceyTheDog

• Shutterbugs of shadwell
Season question?
« on: April 15, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
Do bitches get pms type of symptoms when in season? Darcey is very restless and crying, I've checked her over pressed her tummy and she doesn't seem to be in any pain. It's driving me nuts as shes just standing staring at me and crying so I give her a cuddle and she stops for a bit but then starts again. She's still wagging her tail eating and drinking. Just don't know what to do to make her happy.
Katie, Darcey and Mitsy

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
Re: Season question?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »
yep, Millie would get very mopey, wanting cuddles and being soppy. 
Jennie got a bit grumpy, and afterwards was very soppy and wanting cuddles.

Hubby didn't know what to do with 3 of us  :lol2:
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline DarceyTheDog

• Shutterbugs of shadwell
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »
Do your girls pretend they need wees then just got out and scent things?
Katie, Darcey and Mitsy

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 09:47:36 PM »
not so much in the garden, but when we would walk them they would constantly be stopping and squatting; I never realised at the time they were scenting, I thought that was a 'dog' thing.  :embarassed:
However once they'd had 1 season, then they began to scent all the time when walking, even when they weren't in season, and even now despite being spayed. This has always totally baffled me  :huh:
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 08:18:16 AM »
Girls do scent as I've seen my 3 wee over each others pee. But a girl in season does seem to wee more often than normal. However if she is out and doing it every two minutes they she's probably leaving her calling call for any available bachelors to pick up.

With regards to the PM stuff, I do think there is a noticeable change in their behaviour with some girls as they are about to come into season, especially the ones about to have their first season and some do look pretty uncomfortable as if in pain and just want to curl up or take themselves out of the action for a bit. They can also be more irritable / less tolerant of things that wouldn't normally upset them.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Pisky

• Pippa
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:22:41 AM »
Our girl is having her first (and only - will be spayed in a few months) season and has alternated between moping about and bugging me to take her out for a teeny tiny wee....

We have too many entire dogs round here (including a massive newfoundland who is a gentle giant but could easily knock me & his owner over if he wanted) to risk taking her for a walk so she has had to settle for a few laps of the garden several times a day and trying to do some extra training in the house as well.

Hasn't helped that the kids are off school as well which normally disrupts the routine anyway so hoping she will settle down tomorrow now when they are back in school.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 09:02:11 PM »
so glad I've just read this...

Pearl is driving me potty this evening - sitting and barking at me, not really wanting attention and seems to be as confused as I am!  She's clawing at the door to be let out every few minutes, sniffs the air and has a wee, and another wee, and another......sniffs the air and reluctantly comes back in.

She's also nesting and is pinching anything of mine she can find to take to her bed.

But - there is no swelling and no physical signs at all.  Her last season was January 12th [only day there was any evidence of blood and that was three tiny drops on the bath mat] and was barely swollen.

Am I right in thinking this is the start of her season or is she just behaving badly ;)

Inexperienced cocker owner needing some reassurance/advice, please....

x