Author Topic: Poo concerns!  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Rolo12

Poo concerns!
« on: July 20, 2012, 03:01:15 PM »
Hi all

Sorry to bring this up but just need some advice on whether you think i should take Rolo to the vets?

His poo has been runny for the last few weeks now and is a not very nice yellow colour. Today i noticed it has a tiny bit of blood in it so now i am quite concerned.

We are only feeding him his dry puppy food (fish4puppies) which he was on when he came from the breeder and a few small treats a day for trainng etc (coachies).

We were previously using a free bag of Hills that we got from the vets for training treats but i changed to coachies to see if that was what was affecting him but no luck.

Any advice? He seems fine in himself!
Caz :)

Offline Sula

• Raisin
Re: Poo concerns!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 03:03:34 PM »
This post will be moved from the photo board - but yes take him to the vets. Blood in the poo is not good and the vet can run some tests and see what is causing it and then get the right treatment started. Hope it is better soon.  :bigarmhug:

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »
He needs hid pooh checking for bugs, def a vets visit.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
If he has had runny poo for weeks, I would definitely be taking him to the vet to get it checked out  ;)

Hope he is soon OK  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Chillis

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 07:32:48 PM »
we had this with peps, take some photos & a sample. Her poo was basically a liquid with red bits in. Turned out to be worms & she got a tummy settler thing for 3 days & put her chicken & rice- all firm now  :005:

Offline emma_and_tilly

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 07:38:23 PM »
Coachies made Tilly's tummy bad, we have to use her normal food as treats!

You could phone the vet, see what thy say, in th meantime just feed plain chicken and rice or a day or so then add in just te kibble.

Offline maddy74

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 11:25:33 PM »
Poor Rolo, has he lost any weight? Is he drinking okay?

We had runny poops on and off whilst Willow was a pup and we were always having to change her onto a chicken and rice diet for a few days to firm her up.I always think keeping in some pro-kolin for pups is a must, Willow is 18 months now and I swear by that stuff we always have some in just in case.

I would deffo pop along to the vets for peace of mind especially as we are promised some hot weather this weekend and you dont want him dehydrating!!Let us know how he gets on.

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »
I would take him to the vets just to get it checked out.

Offline kaycee

• Wow!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 01:26:56 PM »
I would give his tummy a rest for about 12 hours then start on cooked chicken & rice although sometimes on odd occasions it can upset some dogs . I always have a pot of digestive powders in the cupboard , i have 7 cockers and  swear by it, it firms up the poos cleans any unwanted bugs and soothes the gut!!! hope all is well soon, ring 01379 788170 if you needed the powders! k.

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 02:11:51 PM »
My old dog suffers from bouts of colitis because she has eaten something to rich for her and I swear by chappie wet food when she is like that and it was our old vet that recommened it as I was spending a fortune on Hills I/D

Offline Rolo12

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 03:47:50 PM »
I took Rolo into the vets after work yesterday and came out £70 lighter!  >:(

Its unbelievable how much they charge you for stuff! I think they were taking advantage because they knew Rolo was my first dog.

They prescribed a course of ant-biotics which have an in-flammatory in them and a tube of pro-colin. Whilst i was there i asked her to look in his ears as he has a dark sticky wax and she gave me some ear cleaner which alone cost £20!

I realise i was being quite naive and should have looked on the internet for cheaper prices but I want my baby to get better asap! Perhaps i could have not taken him to the vets and just put him on chicken and rice for a bit but you just dont know do you!
Caz :)

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 03:51:27 PM »
I took Rolo into the vets after work yesterday and came out £70 lighter!  >:(

Its unbelievable how much they charge you for stuff! I think they were taking advantage because they knew Rolo was my first dog.

They prescribed a course of ant-biotics which have an in-flammatory in them and a tube of pro-colin. Whilst i was there i asked her to look in his ears as he has a dark sticky wax and she gave me some ear cleaner which alone cost £20!

I realise i was being quite naive and should have looked on the internet for cheaper prices but I want my baby to get better asap! Perhaps i could have not taken him to the vets and just put him on chicken and rice for a bit but you just dont know do you!

I always think it's better to be safe than sorry and am guilty of rushing mine to the vets at the first hint of a potential problem.   ph34r Hope Rolo improves soon. At least you know you've done the best you can for him.