Author Topic: Lumpy Sore On The Tail  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« on: March 26, 2005, 05:56:10 PM »
I woke up this morning, to be greeted by normall bouncy hungary dog. She woffed down her breakfast, and went outside to do her business.

When she came back in, she seemed to be unable to walk properly as as she kept turning round to pay attention to her tail.  When i looked at her tail, i saw it was bright red, soaked in blood. At first i thought she was in season, she had been spayed) but upon closer looking it was coming from her tail.

I tried to look closer, and it looked like an absess, it was very sore looking.

Anyway i took her to the vets first thing, At first they said it was a wort, that she had bitten off the top of, then she started talking about sending it off for a test to check its benign. She now had to have an operation on Wednesday, to have it removed, and sitched up, they said it might be tricky, and they may have to reduce her , already docked tail.

Has anyone heard of this? Do dogs get worts?

Shes fine in herself.
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Emily

• Site Member
  • Crystal <3
    • http://www.molkara-cockerspaniels.piczo.com
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 06:01:57 PM »
i have never heard of this but i hope she gets better soon and good luck with her opp hope it all goes well :D

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 06:07:54 PM »
My old dog had lots of fatty lumps and warts. She had one on top of her head and my young son at the time thought it was her brain.
She didn't bite them but occasionally they would weep or bleed. My vet advised me to leave them and just observe them for any signs of change.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 06:14:31 PM »
Aw poor thing, will be thinking of you Wednesday x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 06:27:22 PM »
Cockers can be really prone to warty things and lumps. I am sure it' will be ok, and hope she's back to normal soon, bless her.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 08:20:54 PM »
Good Luck for the op...I'm sure all will be well :)

Goldie has a couple of lumps...but they don't trouble her so the vet is just leaving them.
Warts might be different though and better to remove it so that she doesn't get any further problems.

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 08:44:09 PM »
I think with humans that some warts can just be that bit more fragile, and bleed more easily. My guess is that if it's on her tail then she can get to it quite easily so any amount of interference from her is going to make it bleed. Probably better off without it.

I think that medics tend to send everything off for histology, just in case. The vast majority end up being benign, but better safe than sorry.

Love from cliche woman! :P

Try not to worry, let us know how you get on

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 10:55:43 PM »
As you see - they can get warts. If they're not causing any distress they can be left but if it's bothering her then it is best removed. Hope all goes well.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 06:29:29 PM »
Just picked up Jazz form her operation. They have sent the lump off to a lab, and Jazz is very subdued, and unhappy..... I think this is mainly due to the fact shes wearing a lammpshade... she won't stop looking at me with her sad eyes, and everytime i leve the room, shes behind me with her head bowed down to the floor, and looking up at me.

Although I am confident its only a plain wart, i am still worried about the results, so i hope they do not take too long.

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 06:59:03 PM »
Hope Jazz picks up really soon.

Don't they just do that with their eyes! You'd think you had abused her! It's probably just the indignity of wearing the lampshade. :P

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 07:11:36 PM »
:( Aw poor Jazz - those lampshades are awful  :rolleyes:

Has the vet given you any idea of how long you will have to wait for the test result?  Sending you positive thoughts and hope all will be ok for you both,

:P Lots of cocker kisses for Jazz xxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Lumpy Sore On The Tail
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2005, 07:55:16 AM »
Jazz is in a really unhappy state. Its now been  4 days since her operation, and there seems no ease of pain. As the sitches are on the ed of her docked tail, it hurts when she sits, or lays down, she lets out this terrible cream, and runners manic around the house, jumping all over me, and then hits her tail again, and is shaking.

I am giving her pain killers and anti biotics, as well as arnica, to help speed up the healing.

When she actually lays in her bed, and looks out the window, she calms down, but as soon as I move she follows me and it all starts again.

I know she is a drama queen, but wondered if anyone had any other ideas, how i can try and make it easier for her.

Last night as well as shaking she was panting heavily, he vets just told me to keep her calm, and not let her get excited !!!   Shes eating well, and going to the toliet  now, as before, even that was too sore for her. Although i do have to p;ut her outside, as she won't go on her own accord

Any advice welcome please
CATHY