Author Topic: Racing Heart Rate  (Read 318 times)

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
Racing Heart Rate
« on: October 27, 2012, 12:04:58 PM »
Freya is fine in herself and playing about as usual, but, her heart is racing away and her head and body is pulsating and you can see it. Even when she has been asleep on my lap her heart does not slow down. I have never felt this before with her and Im puzzled as to why it is now.

I hoping it is a one off and will calm down as the day goes on, otherwise perhaps a trip to the emergency vet is in order but with no other symptoms Im not sure what they could say or do. As I say she is fine in all other aspects.

Has anyone else experienced this? 
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
Re: Racing Heart Rate
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 12:17:17 PM »
My vet has just phoned me back on his way to France! He said as long as she is normal in everything not to worry and take her in to vets on Monday should it persist or if it comes and goes. He mentioned things to look out for and if they happen to take her to emergency vets. Im now feeling a bit better about her but am still very concerned. Little monkey she is!!
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Racing Heart Rate
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »
I'm glad your vet has phoned and told you what to look out for. I hope Freya's heart settles very soon :luv: