Author Topic: Worming and other treatments  (Read 357 times)

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
Worming and other treatments
« on: March 04, 2014, 08:21:48 PM »
Probably been asked a million times but I when I came to put Jinleys treatment on tonight before next weeks holiday to Cornwall, I noticed the vet had given me Stronghold (I am on a vet plan).  She has had Frontline Combo previously and Milbemax.

Do you give your dogs different type of treatment depending on the time of the year?  Do you give additional treatments to give extra cover say for ticks?

It says that Stronghold covers fleas, roundworm, heartworm, mange, biting lice and ear mites.  Does this mean that she doesnt need another wormer?  What would you give for ticks?

It is confusing as no one treatment does it all, but am I treating her for something that she isnt going to come into contact with and missing something that she is?

Thanks

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: Worming and other treatments
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »
Same challenge here but then we use the same vets.....

Stronghold doesn't treat for tapeworm or ticks.  You can give Milbemax or similar but have to wait a number of days, the vet will advise how long  :dunno:

I learnt the hard way last year after using Stronghold the finding Miss P had 2 ticks   >:(

I'm now back at the main branch and will mention where we are going next before picking up the next treatment.....