Author Topic: Hunker pukes?  (Read 1069 times)

Offline rubyduby

Hunker pukes?
« on: July 25, 2020, 10:02:09 AM »
Hi, my older dog Topaz, had hunger pukes on several mornings, i gave her a late meal (9.30 pm) and it appears to have sorted it...However my younger dog Amber who is around 18 mnths, has thrown up bile two mornings this wek, despite giving her a 'late' meal, she is cleaning herself a lot due to being in season, so wondering if that might be the reason. She doesnt have anything in her throat like hair etc, it just very much like hunger pukes, anyone experienced similar

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Hunker pukes?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 12:24:57 PM »
Both my boys would have hunger pukes in the morning, so I got in the habit of giving them 1+half  Burns Kelties* biscuit when they go to bed, seems to have sorted it.

*other biscuits are available but mine get these.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline IonaD

Re: Hunker pukes?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 05:59:36 PM »
Bella used to get them when I changed her dinner time to late afternoon. She woke up a couple of times in the middle of the night and had a hunger puke.

I now give her a Dentastix at about 8pm and it seems to tide her through till breakfast. We’ve not had any problems since.