Author Topic: The Adventures of Maisie  (Read 3771 times)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: The Adventures of Maisie
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 11:24:17 AM »
Oh Maisie what a monkey you are....am loving it - sorry Andrea shouldn't laugh but she is a little star with her antics :luv:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2020, 11:24:56 AM »
Oh Maisie Mischief!!!   :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:  you have certainly settled in quite happily at your new pad!  My boys weren't too bad with pinching things, but Lara gathered shoes, socks and undies to stash in her basket.  But taking the key out of a padlock is pretty clever, you have your work cut out there.  What about using a Road Refresher bowl in the house for water? http://www.roadrefresher.com/   Even is she does tip it over, it hopefully should limit the amount of water spilled.  The Mason Cash bowls are very heavy so that could work too, plus nice sloping sides for those lovely long ears.  Bet you are ready for your bed at night, you'll be on high alert all day! 

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2020, 12:46:26 PM »
Thanks for your replies.  I'm glad you are amused.  :banana: :banana: I have to confess when it gets to around 9.00 pm I don't find her antics too amusing.  I do have a Mason & Cash bowl ejp, which I bought for her dinner.  However, the food seems to get stuck around the inside edges and I have to get a fork and scrape around inside the bowl so Maisie can finish all her food.  It did occur to me this morning, when I was rushing to get out of the house to go to the bank and a couple of errands, and madam had again chucked her water bowl around the kitchen floor, that maybe the Mason & Cash bowl would be best suited for her water.  I think they broke the mold when they made Maisie. 

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2020, 02:34:46 PM »
Oh I think EJP has come up with the name "Maisie Mischief" just perfect :005:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2020, 03:04:11 PM »
Oh I think EJP has come up with the name "Maisie Mischief" just perfect :005:

Thought the same thing! - its going to stick!  :005:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2020, 04:20:57 PM »
For Minstrel's food, I have a heavy weighted melamine bowl with a stainless steel bowl that sits in it, but comes out great for washing up.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2020, 09:08:19 PM »
Well I've thwarted her.  I put her water in the Mason & Cash bowl this afternoon.  I was ironing in the kitchen and I kept hearing this tinkling sound. I turned round to see Maisie using every attempt possible to upturn the Mason & Cash bowl.  She was trying to get her paw underneath it, pushing her nose against it. Going from one side to the other.  All to no avail.  After several failed attempts she lay down on the tiles and let out a big sigh as if well I'm fed up with that.  It was so funny as I've never really seen her method before as she is so quick, one minute the bowl is full of water and the next she's running down the garden with the empty bowl in her mouth.  The tinkling sound was Maisie's ID disc on her collar knocking against the bowl.  Fingers crossed she doesn't find some way of tipping it up.   >:D

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2020, 08:25:48 AM »
 :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:  Mum 1  -  Maisie Mischief 0 (for now)
Wonder what her next project will be?!

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2020, 05:11:26 AM »
UPDATE

Just a little snapshot of one day in the life of Maisie "Mischief".  Yesterday I went food shopping.  I came home and got changed and within a few minutes madam was trotting down the garden in her "I'm very proud" pose, head held high, bottom swaying, so I knew she had some booty.  I dashed outside to find her in her usual spot on the lawn at the bottom of the garden with one of my new navy Hobbs sandals in her mouth.   >:D  Fortunately, and very unusually she let me have it back and it was largely unscathed.  I had dropped the sandals back in their box in my spare bedroom but hadn't put them back in the wardrobe.  Although I had purchased the sandals in the sale, they were still expensive.  After lunch I was outside having a good sweep up around the bungalow.  I sat down outside and rang a friend for a quick chat, I was vaguely aware that Maisie had gone back into the house when she suddenly appeared at great speed with my pink electric toothbrush in her mouth, (which had been charging in my bedroom).  Well this time she was not going to give it up without a fight.  Round and round the island bed she went with me in hot pursuit, (well as hot as I can be these days).  She then lay down and began chewing.  Immediate action required.  I went back in and got a Bonio.  After some consideration she decided the Bonio was preferrable and dropped the toothbrush.  Whew.  Note to self, you must try harder to close every door behind you when you leave a room.  Later in the afternoon I was getting some underwear off the washing line and dropped a pair of knickers.  Well she struck like lightening.  I decided not to pursue her and carried on getting the washing in as it was now starting to rain.  We had a monsoon shower and because Maisie was hyped up with her prize she would not come in.  Round and round the lawn she ran at great speed with my knickers trailing in her mouth.  She was completely soaked and obviously thought it was a great game.   Lovely - one soaking wet dog and a pair of muddy knickers to deal with.  So there we have it - my lovely blue roan with the sweetest, most innocent face must be crossed with a  >:D.  I think she and Archie must be distantly related Archiebean. 

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2020, 07:04:19 AM »
I know I shouldn‘t be laughing but oh dear........ :005: !  Maisie Michief, you‘re certainly making a name for yourself on COL !!!!  :luv:
I got very nervous about anything with batteries after Humphrey got hold of a camera battery once that was loading. We only realized he‘d got it when he suddenly yelped and dropped it, he‘d chewed it so badly it had got hot and started smoking......don‘t even like to think about what would have happened if he‘d swallowed it... :huh:
Hope you have non eventful weekend Andrea!  :lol2: x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2020, 08:35:55 AM »
00ps she sure is livewire and keeping you on your toes....and providing lots of entertainment along the way  :lol2: :lol2:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2020, 08:48:02 AM »
Sounds a little exhausting to keep up with her, but I would buy an illustrated book of this Maisies adventures. It is very entertaining when I'm not the one dealing with the consequences  :D She is amazingly creative, and the way you describe her makes me smile every time.

I wonder if putting her toys in random spots and making a huge fuss if she picks them up could shift her focus? Laurië loves finding her toys around the house and runs victory laps when we praise her for finding a treasure  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2020, 11:06:40 AM »

I wonder if putting her toys in random spots and making a huge fuss if she picks them up could shift her focus? Laurië loves finding her toys around the house and runs victory laps when we praise her for finding a treasure  :luv:

That sounds a good idea, plus you use the game to get her to bring the toys to you and drop for a reward, the only hurdle I see is getting Maisie Mischief to understand  the difference between her soft toy and your knickers!! !  :005:

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2020, 05:17:11 PM »

That sounds a good idea, plus you use the game to get her to bring the toys to you and drop for a reward, the only hurdle I see is getting Maisie Mischief to understand  the difference between her soft toy and your knickers!! !  :005:

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2020, 05:28:56 PM »
Sounds a little exhausting to keep up with her, but I would buy an illustrated book of this Maisies adventures. It is very entertaining when I'm not the one dealing with the consequences  :D She is amazingly creative, and the way you describe her makes me smile every time.

:005: :005:  I'm having a real belly laugh at your post bizzylizzy.  I'm feeling pretty tired now after another day with Maisie Moo, as I call her.  I washed down the white UVPC rear door to the garage first thing this morning, which was covered in muddy paw marks where madam had been standing on her hind legs trying to get the keys out of the lock.  Well I needn't have bothered, 3 hours later it was just as bad again.  I have now decided to leave the keys on the inside of the door in future. 

I had a load of logs delivered yesterday for my woodburner, in readiness for winter.  My husband's cousin very kindly offered to help me stack the logs this morning.  Around 12.00 we had one of those monsoon showers, the back door was open, but NO madam decided to stand outside in the rain and consequently looked as it she had been dipped in a bucket.  (Don't tempt me), ha ha.  She doesn't seem to realise at all why I take her outside around 10.00 pm, and gaily trots around the garden without a care in the world.  I could set my clock by her, between 1.15 and 1.30 am she wakes me wanting to go outside for a wee.  OK at the moment it's not disastrous but I do not relish standing outside in my PJ's in the dead of winter.  Any suggestions.   :badmood: